12

"Isn't... isn't the party that way?" I trailed behind looking like a lost puppy eyeing the direction of the Ravenclaw common rooms.

Draco and Blaise are muttering together while Pansy and Theo are engaging in a slight heated discussion about something minor, it ends with her smacking him in the side.

Theo starts walking slower resulting in me catching up to him.
"Are you feeling okay? Because what monster thinks a decent party start at seven in the evening." He shakes his head and gives me a playful look of disgust. "I thought you were cool Keaton, I really did!"

I smack him in the arm, he's getting double hits today. "Do I look like I do social events? Anyway, I know that, I just wasn't keeping track of time."

It was slightly true, but I still tried to play it off cool to make myself look less like a girl who's never been to party's and more like a girl who does so, every week. I've been to a few with my old friends, but all they wanted to do was sit in the corner and go to bed before most people even arrived. Which just made it pointless even going.
I wanted to party the real way, the Slytherin way.

"Whatever you say pumpkin." Patting my head, "It's dinner time first." He wagged his finger towards me. "It's the rules, no drinking on an empty stomach if you want to last the night!"

My face automatically frowned.
I had put on this dress and a million layers of makeup for it to be ruined by a bit of bloating.
And I wasn't even drinking.
Amazing.

We seated ourselves in the unspoken usual order, apart from Draco, who sat directly across from me.

Everyone quickly started filling the plates that were neatly placed in front of them. Without a second thought they started to eat only seconds later.

I on the other hand placed a few spoonfuls of veggies, a spoonful of potatoes and a plain chicken breast on my porcelain plate. Not even laying eyes towards the butter or condiments.

Over the summer I had learnt a handy weighing charm, it was written on a stained piece of notepaper hidden in the pages of Pansy's mother's cook book. I used it so much that It was memorised within a week. It became so ritual that I didn't have to speak aloud while moving my wand.

Ever so slowly I was removing my wand from my pocket, careful not to draw unwanted attention. I had the tip pointed just slightly above the table and got to work.

It would present me with all the numbers I wanted to hear. How many grams, the nutrition, and most importantly, the calories.
I also gained the skill of blind weighing and almost always ended up with the amount I was aiming for, I liked to play these little games with myself.

I started counting.
Ninety seven for the veg.
Perfect.
One hundred and seventy five for the potato's.
No way in hell.

I pushed a few towards the edge, now separating the pile.

One hundred and fifty five,
better.

Lastly, one hundred and-
The numbers disappeared off my plate, disintegrating into the air. I watched the tiny pieces fly away.

"Don't make me take your wand," a seething voice came from across the table.
"stop fucking around and playing with numbers.
Eat it."

I look up to find a glaring Draco, his words snapping at me.

Our eyes locked. And suddenly we weren't looking at each other angrily, Just emptily.
It still made my face flush.

his eyes glistening with something.
Something.
An emotion undiscovered.