34

"LET ME OUT!"

Malfoy rolled his eyes, clearly running out of patience.

"I am letting you out." He said while standing clear of the open door. "If you come to breakfast with me."

"I SAID I WOULD." I shouted.

He sighed irritatingly and leaned into the wall.
"Now why are you yelling huh? You're being defensive. That's never a good sign"

I growled. "I AM- I am not being defensive, I told you yes, now let's go." I stormed towards the door and he halted me with one arm.

"I want you to come to breakfast and stay with me after." He smiled at me in a very sarcastic manner. "I know exactly what you'll do."

I paused for a moment, inwardly hating when he brought up the bulimic side of my eating habits.
Not eating, that's tolerable. But this, no way.
It was the ugly side, and with him I liked to pretend it didn't exist.

"I don't do that anymore." I stated clearly, pushing at him. "Now let's go."

He raised both brows but didn't argue further, he removed his arm willingly and let me pass, following close behind. "And you be nice to Theo!"

We entered the hall and took to the usual seating beside from Draco sitting beside me. I hadn't been to breakfast for a while, especially since Pansy blew up. Though unfortunately it was inevitable that I could avoid her for the foreseeable future and as much as I like being isolated, it also felt like a fever dream.

Theo's seat was empty, along with the space beside Blaise. Zabini acknowledged us silently while reading the profit while Draco swirled a cup of dark coffee and plated himself the usual breakfast. I on the other hand was deep into studying the glowing magical edge of a placemat when I realised he was continuing, and was plating himself another plate.

As the plate slid across my view knocking me out of my daze I realised his 'second serving' was actually made up for me. He looked at me with a deadpan expression while I smiled sarcastically, mimicking his from earlier. He looked away turning his attention to the newest addition to the table.

"Malfoy." Theo nodded

"Nott." He murmured back.

Theo paused, obviously debating his next action.

"Hey, Keaton."

I gripped my fork handle tightly and kept my eyes on the pieces of toast in front of me, gladly forcing my mouth to stay firmly shut as I knew the words that would of come out would be somewhat unforgiving.

He did ruin my chance after all.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and sat down in silence. Blaise peeked over his paper for the first time to view the unusual tension that had wafted over the table.

"Right, oh yeah Blaise, Pansy said she'll be down in a few."

Blaise put down his paper and began plating up himself. "Alright, thanks."

I looked down at my plate, then up at the clock as I ate my food silently, no one paid much attention.

9:15.

Half way through our breakfast out of the corner of my eye I saw Pansy approaching with an apparent joyful aroma.

"Hello all, good morning!"

I held my breath as she eyed me momentarily but she sat down without a further word.

I buttered my last piece of toast vigorously with a vast amount of butter which softened the bread completely and after overdoing the chewing I swallowed a few mouthfuls of water, completing my meal.