Amelia Shaw

Chapter 3: Amelia Shaw

(set in modern times)
WARNING: Some bad language
Also Amelia is my own original character.

Enola pov:

Her name is Amelia Shaw, a pathetic name if you ask me. Actually everything about her is pathetic, from her long, blonde hair to her petite figure to her flowery dresses. I hate her. She pretends to be so sweet and innocent but I just know, that deep down she is a bloodsucking monster that wants to ruin everyone's lives.
Okay I'll admit, that last part was a little exaggerated but still, how can anyone be that perfect without hiding something?

And of course you are now wondering who this Amelia Shaw is and why I hate her so much. Well...she is my crushes new girlfriend. MY crushes new GIRLFRIEND. He has a girlfriend that isn't me! How dare he!? Well I mean he doesn't know I have a crush on him but he should have figured it out by now, so why would he get together with this random girl? Okay I guess I'm being a little unfair, but still.

And now you're probably wondering who my crush is. His name is Tewksbury, common name I know. He is smart, funny, cute and my best friend. My only friend, really. We've been best friend since we were 10, we're now 16. We would hang out every single day after school. Build treehouses, play Minecraft, bake (tho it almost always ended up with us rolling, laughing on the floor, since we're both awful bakers), everything was perfect but then things became different. He got a girlfriend and things well...changed.

You see, we haven't hung out since Tewksbury got together with Amelia. When I call him and ask if he wants to go to our favourite lake for example the answer has always been no, either he's with his stupid girlfriend or he's doing something else but he's never very specific about it. They have been together for about three and a half weeks (no I'm not counting days like an obsessed psycho...okay kinda) and since it's summer break and I don't see him in school, I haven't seen Tewksbury in three and a half weeks.

I knew I wasn't going to get an answer over the phone or something like that so I did the only decent thing I could come up with, go to his house without telling him before I do so!

Walking up to his house felt very strange even tho I knew he wouldn't be with Amelia since she's at her summerhouse, well mansion really since her dad is richer than Bill Gates and Trump combined (at least according to her, that bitch). So even tho it felt weird I knocked on the door to his big house praying to god he was available.

When the door opened his mother stood in the doorway, she's actually a lovely lady and has always liked me.

"Enola! How lovely to see you dear, it feels like you and Tewky haven't spent time together since...um well...his relationship"
She said to me smiling, tho it started to fade at the end of the sentence.

She was making it very clear she wasn't crazy about Amelia.

"No it's been a while" I say awkwardly chuckling "Speaking of Tewksbury, is he here?"

"Oh, yes he is. Tho I think he's in the treehouse in the woods."

"Oh okay thank you, it was lovely speaking to you Mrs Basilwether!" (In this au Tewk's last name is Basilwether)

"It was lovely speaking to you too dear Enola, I'm so glad you and Tewky are spending time together again!" She said

"Me too" I say smiling and after we said our goodbyes I left to find Tewksbury.

When I got to the treehouse I could hear someone whistling, smiling I climbed up peeking my head through the wooden floor.

"Making flower pressings again? What is this the 1800s?" I say sarcastically.