We meet again

(set in historical times)

Enola pov

I'm walking down the busy streets of London in my fancy red dress, on my way to a library. Sherlock wanted to show me something there so we took the train together and now we've been walking for ten minutes.

"Are we there yet? These shoes aren't really made for walking." I say.

Mycroft had insisted that I wore these terribly uncomfortable clothes, he thinks my other dresses are horrible. I love my other dresses, they're comfortable, practical and pretty. This on makes me look like a powderpuff.

"We will be there in five minutes" Sherlock answers.

There are so many people, everywhere. Shouting about politics and trying to sell whatever they're selling. No one stands out. They're all the same London residents trying to make a living, or just living because they're rich. That's how our society works these days I guess, no one really lives instead everything is about money, status and politics. I hate it.

There's not a single human here that I would want to get to know, they all seem pathetic and uninteresting.

That's when I see him, a tall boy with dark brown hair and eyes you could simply get lost in for eternity. He's wearing a suit that looks like it worth more than my house. Next to him there's an older man and woman, his parent's perhaps? The gorgeous boy looks like he's my age so-wait did I call him gorgeous?

Enola pull yourself together, mother always told you that all men are pathetic and stupid. And mother is always right (mothaaaa knows BEST).

I notice I am still staring, and that Sherlock and I have stopped walking. I look to the side to see my brother giving a penny to a boy on the side of the street then grabbing a newspaper. I look back at the mysterious boy who's talking to the older woman. My god he's beautiful. Wait no stop that Enola!

"Has someone caught your eye?" Sherlock says, grinning at me. I look at him.

"What? No! Whatever are you talking about?" I say, maybe a little too defensively.

"There's a boy looking at you, might it be him?" 

I turn my head to the direction of the dark haired gentleman, and yes, he is looking straight at me. I feel my breath catch in my throat when a small smirk grows on his perfect face. Wait. No. A perfect smirk grows-no! A small smirk grows on his face. His normal face that is completely unattractive. Yes.

He's staring deep into my eyes like he is looking straight into my soul. I would gladly let him take my soul-NO

I can see Sherlock grinning at me in the side of my eye, but my focus is on the boy. Him and his parents (I think) are walking towards us. I pray to all gods I can come up with that Sherlock somehow knows them so that they stop and have a chat. Then I could talk to him.

But they just walk straight past us, the boys eyes still on mine. A (very attractive) smirk plays on his face. I feel myself getting disappointed, will I ever see him again?

"I think you found your soulmate Enola" Sherlock says, beginning to walk. Right. We're going to the library, I follow him.

"No...I...just be quiet." I say, have I forgotten how to speak? My detective brother just chuckles and doesn't mention mysteryboy for the rest of the day.

Time jump to like 3 days later

Still Enola pov

Right now I'm working on a case about a missing woman, so I am on my way to the place she was last seen to investigate. One week ago the woman had been at a tearoom in the middle of London, with a man.