I can't live without you

(Set in historical times)

Okay so before you read this chapter let me explain:
So in this au on your 16th birthday you wake up with a tattoo somewhere on you body. The tattoo can have a deep meaning or literally be of a bucket of fish, it depends on the person. Oh and basically you have the same tattoo as your soulmate<3

(You probably already know where this is going lol)

Third person pov

On the long awaited July morning, Enola Holmes awoke. The summer sun is shining into the room and you can hear birds singing outside. At first Enola just yawns and doesn't think much of what day it is, but then she realizes...it's her 16th birthday! Finally!

She immediately jumps out of bed and goes to the full-length mirror in the corner of her room to look for her soulmate tattoo. Not that she cares about men or marrying...she's just curious what tattoo she'll have to live with for the rest of her life. That's all. Men are stupid, like mother always tells her. (Btw I want to point out that her soulmate could be a girl or of any gender at all of course, but since it's the 19th century, I don't really think Enola would have that in mind. Just wanted to make that clear lol)

She starts at the bottom of her legs, since her mother has her tattoo on her ankle she figured she'd start there.

But no, no tattoo is to be seen near her feet or the bottom of her legs. She moves her gaze up, and pulls up her nightgown to look further up her legs, and it's when she lifts her arm that she sees it. On her wrist there's a flower, Enola doesn't give a fig about flowers (of course) so she has no idea what it is. Maybe she could ask Tewkesbury?

Enola and Tewkesbury have been best friends almost their whole lives, since his father and her mother were friends before Tewkys father sadly passed. He is slightly older than her, 2 months and 6 days to be exact. Which means he already is 16. Which means he has already gotten his tattoo. But he refuses to show Enola the tattoo, he says that he will show her when he knows what hers is. Strange, isn't it?

But Enola can't wait to know what flower it is until she sees Tewksbury later during the day so she picks up her "Language of Flowers" book hoping that the flower on her wrist is in there. The book was a gift from her mother when she turned 15 last year.

She starts flipping through the pages. Daisies, meaning "innocence and love". Chrysanthemums, meaning "I love you". Irises meaning "message" amongst many other flowers. Suddenly she recognizes a picture on the page, yes that is definitely the same flower she thinks as she holds the small book next to her tattoo.

It's a primrose on her wrist. The meaning behind primroses is "I can't live without you". I can't live without you. I. Can't. Live. Without. You. Who can't she live without? She goes over everyone she loves in her head. Well there is one person she can't live without, that she wants to be her soulmate. But that's impossible, it can't be them. It just...can't.

Enola quickly gets dressed in her new dress, and since it is her birthday she decides to braid her long brown hair into a beautiful braid with flowers in it (Anne Shirley Cuthbert vibes). Because even tho she doesn't really care about flowers, they're still pretty.

After Enola had eaten with her mother, showed her the tattoo and her mother had given her her birthday gift she fetched her bicycle to go to the Tewkesbury mansion.

During her journey to Tewkesbury she thinks about her birthday gift. Enolas mother had given her a ring, the ring that she always wears. Eudoria had gotten it as a gift on her 16th birthday from her mother, who'd gotten it from her mother and it went on for quite a few generations actually. Enola thought all the women must have really taken care of it well since it was in such good condition.