A cage made out of flowers and novels

(set in historical times)

A/n: Well it's been a while hasn't it😀 I hope you all are well and that you haven't forgotten me completely, because here's a new chapter for you! It's pretty short but it's probably the most poetic thing I've written and I'm actually sort of proud of how it turned out!

I love you all and hope you enjoy<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His hair. It's brown yet golden in this lighting, the sun setting in the distance making the sky burn with oranges, pinks and yellows.

His eyes. They capture you like in hypnosis, but in the most beautiful and calming way.

His mind. So inspiring, intelligent and full of interesting thoughts yet so sensitive and heartfelt.

Oh and his arms and hands.

Wow.

This boy has since long had me all to himself without even trying. He's got me captured in his cage made up of flowers and poetry no one except him has heard about. The metal bars not actually being made out of metal, instead made up of the words of novels and the leaves of roses. I have the key to the cage in my hand, yet I can't leave. I'm trapped, and I couldn't be happier.

We were sat in the grass behind his home,
the sun going down in the horizon. The spring air is warm and cold at the same time. The grass is soft but rough. And he is strong but beautiful. Sensitive but brave. Smart but dumb.

I was watching a ladybug crawl on my hand as we sat there in silence. He was reading some book which I didn't really care about. It's not that I don't like books, but please, his taste is just nonsense.

The small insect made its way up my arm like the sun was making its way down. I had never felt peace like this in my life. The only sounds to be heard were the birds chirping, some sheep talking to each other in a field next to us and our breathing.

"What are you thinking of?"

The sound of his voice made me feel butterflies all over my body.

"Nothing really, just how lovely this is"

"How lovely what is? Me? The sky? The ladybug? Or perhaps the sheep? Their singing is rather impressive I have to admit"

I giggled slightly, wide smiles spreading on both of our faces.

"No, well sort of. This moment is just so lovely" I said, looking out on the massive fields in front of us, "How will I survive without you?"

I couldn't believe this was me. Mother raised me to be a strong, independent and fearless woman who could do anything on her own. She'd tell me about men being useless and that all I really needed was my mind. I'd always pictured myself as that sort of person, not letting some stupid boy get in the way of me achieving my goals. On my own. Yet here I was, head over heels for this viscount marquess man letting him have such power over me.

How will I survive without you? Just fine Enola. You'll be fine. You don't need him to live! And he's only leaving for university, he'll be back and you can still see each other. This isn't the end of the world. You'll see.

The next day I say farewell to my fiancé wishing him the best of luck on his new adventures. He promises me well get married as soon as he's back and that he'll miss me more than I could imagine.

"Goodbye Alexander, I will miss you. I hope your business trip goes well!" I say as I watch his carriage leave. I then turn to look at the other carriage which his younger brother is climbing into. He's leaving for university. After everyone has given their farewells I walk up to the open carriage door. I lean in to where the brother is sat.

"Goodbye my love, don't you dare forget me." He whispers, taking my hand in a way that's hidden from the rest of the family.

" I could never. Goodbye, I love you" I whisper back.

I watch as the carriage leaves. There I was standing, still stuck in a cage made up of flowers. Who has the key? The boy sat in the carriage making it's way to one of England best universities.

My love, my Tewkesbury.