1. Bella's Birthday

"I'm going over to the Cullens later." Bella says.
"Ugh." I mutter.
"Why don't you take Y/n with you?" Charlie says.
"What?" Bella says.
"Well, it's your birthday, and you two haven't been spending much time together."
"But she's going over to her boyfriend's house." I say. Charlie's face changes a bit.
"It's fine, she can come." Bella says clearly trying to save herself from an awkward conversation.

Edward comes, and Bella and I go to his car. They're talking, and I try to not listen in. I had always had this weird feeling about him. It's like he's hiding something.
"So Y/n, how's school going?" Edward asks me.
"Well, you know, it's going fine. I've just been kinda busy with sports and stuff."
"What kinds of sports?"
"I do track mostly but I'll do just about anything."
"She's really athletic, quite the opposite of me." Bella says. Edward laughs.
"So I take it your fast?" He says.
"She's probably the fastest human I've ever met." Bella says. Edward laughs.

We get to their house. It's the first time I've ever been here. It's big.
"I- wow your place is great." I say.
"Come on in." Edward says.

We walk in and the rest of the Cullens look kinda shocked to me, except for Alice who's giving me a smile.
"Happy birthday Bella, and hi Y/n." She says running over.
"Thank you." Bella says.
"Hey guys." I say waving.
"Hey little Swan." Emmet says.
"So I'm little Swan?" I say.
"Yeah." I laugh.

"Let's open gifts." Alice says.
"Alice, you know how I feel about gifts." Bella says.
"Bella. Open the gifts." I say. Bella throws me a look. I smile at her.

Bella is handed a small present. She struggles to open it.
"Oww." She says bring her finger up to her mouth. "Paper cut."
"Jasper no!" Edward yells. Suddenly Edward pushes Bella, causing her to fall onto a glass table and breaking it. Jasper lunges and Edward lunges at him, while everyone holds him back. I run to Bella who's cut her arm.
"What the hell is going on?" I say to her.
"Umm..." she says. They take Jasper out of the room. Edward walks over.

"Bella I'm so-." He starts to say.
"Wait, what the hell just happened?" I say getting annoyed and confused. Bella and Edward share a look. What the heck is happening? Why did jasper lunge? Is it a joke?
"It's not a joke." Edward says.
"How did you-?" I say.
"We're vampires." He says simply.
"What?" I say, but then I start to think. I've never seen them in bright sun light, I've never seen them eat, their eyes change color, and Bella was bleeding when Jasper lunged.
"Yup, and I can read minds, Alice can see the future after someone makes a choice, and Jasper can sense emotions and change them."
"Why aren't you sucking my blood right now?"
"Because we don't do that, we only eat animals."
"Okay, yeah, umm, Bella's blood is definitely bothering you isn't it?" I say. He looks at me surprised.

"I'll deal with it." Carlisle says.
"Wait how are you a doctor?" I ask.
"I've been around it long enough that the smell of human blood doesn't affect me."
I nod while the word "human" repeats in my mind.
"I'm going to get some fresh air." Edward says.

I go with Bella while Carlisle fixes her arm. They talk but I'm still confused on what had just happened.

Edward takes us home, but I'm still shocked and need to talk to Bella alone.

The moment we walk into the house, and answer all of Charlie's questions I pull Bella into my room.
"What?" She says.
"I need you to tell me everything." I say.
"Well..." She goes on to tell me everything. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should probably watch the movies, or don't it doesn't really matter I guess.)
"Woah." I say shocked.
"Yeah."
"You know Bella, out of every weird creature monster thing you could have dated or fallen in love with, you chose the one that wants to kill you all the time. Like why didn't you chose a werewolf, you only have to worry about it once a month."

She laughs.
"It's not like I got to choose."
"Yeah, I guess, but if he hurts you, I will still beat him up to the best of my ability." She laughs.
"He comes to your room every night, right?" I ask.
"Yeah, how did you know?"
"I can sometimes hear things, I just thought I was going crazy."
"Oh, well no it was just him."
"Well, I have to get some sleep now, especially after what I have just witnessed with your boyfriend's family."
"Okay, good night." Bella says.
"Night, and please be careful."
"I am."

She leaves, and I get ready for bed. I lay in my bed, wondering and thinking.

(A.n. It's kinda bad, but I promise it'll get better)