5. Edward...Again...Lovely

I hear a car pull up, so I look out the window, since I'm home alone. It's Bella's truck. I run outside to the car. Jacob's there too.
"What happened?" I say, noticing Bella's wet.
"I jumped off a cliff." Bella says. I jokingly hit her on the head.
"Well, come on in." I say. Bella goes to open the door. Jacob shuts it.
"Vampires, I can smell them." Jacob says. I look around scared. Jacob gets out of the car. Bella does too and looks around.
"That's Alice's car." Bella says. Jacob gets really defensive. I run inside.

"Alice?" I say.
"Hey." Alice says right behind me. I turn around and hug her.
"Is Edward here?" I mutter.
"No, it's just me. I came to make sure you and Charlie were okay." She says.
"What?" I ask. Bella runs in. They hug.
"Wait how are you alive?" Alice asks.
"What?" I say.
"I saw you jump off a cliff." Alice says confused.
"I was cliff diving. It's fun." Bella says.

"What's that awful wet dog smell?" Alice says. I laugh.
"That's Jacob." I say.
"Werewolves aren't good company." Alice says. I laugh again. Jacob walks in.
"Speak for yourself." Jacob says.
"Why are you here?" Alice says.
"Just making sure you aren't that red head." Jacob says.
"Victoria?" Alice asks.
"Yeah, she's back." Bella says.
"What? I couldn't see her, or you getting pulled out. I can't see past you and your mutts." Alice says to Jacob. Jacob smiles at her.

"I'll be right back. Y/n come with me." Alice says.
"You'll be back, right?" Bella asks.
"Yup, just as you let the dog out." Alice says, walking outside, I go with her.
"How was she after we left?" Alice asks.
"Bad. She quit being Bella. She got into motorcycles. But she got better once she got close to Jacob." I say.
"Oh." Alice says.

Alice then freezes, she's getting one of her visions. She looks worried.
"Alice?"
"Edward thinks Bella's dead. He's going to the Volturi."
"Oh god." I mutter.

We run over to Bella and Jacob. We tell them what Edward's doing. Bella starts yelling at Jacob.
"We have to go now." Bella says.
"Bella." Jacob says, not wanting Bella to go. Bella runs and writes down a quick note for Charlie, then gets into Alice's car.
"I'll keep Charlie calm." I say. Bella smiles.
"Thank you." She says.
"Bella, you can't go, after everything." Jacob says.
"I'm not going to let him die, because of guilt." Bella says.
"Stay for Charlie." He says.
"I'm 18, I can legally leave, and I left a note." She says.
"Then stay for me." He says.
"I'm sorry, Jake." She says. They drive away quickly.

Jacob runs over and angrily kicks the ground. He sits on the ground. I sit next to him.
"If it makes it any better, I'm going to slap him, as hard as I can, I don't even care if I break my hand because of it." I say.
"That makes it a little better." He says. I laugh.

Charlie is worried, and asks me lots of questions, which I don't answer truthfully. Three days go by and no word from Bella. I can only wonder if Edward's alive.

I look out my window one day, hoping they come. I see Edward's car pull up.
"Dad!" I yell, getting up and running outside. I run over to Bella and hug her tightly. I look over to Edward mad.
"Screw you." I say to him.
"Okay." He says. I chose not to slap him yet.

Charlie walks out.
"Bella." He says running over to her, not noticing Edward yet.
"Where we-?" He starts to say until he notices Edward.
"He's back." Charlie says. I have to hold back my laughter.
"Hello." Edward says.
"Bella, Y/n go inside now." Charlie says. Bella and I share a look as we quickly get back inside.
"Don't ever step foot past these doors." Charlie says. I almost start laughing at the irony, that Edward would just climb through the window.

"Where the hell were you, Bella?" Charlie asks. Bella stays quiet. "Okay, don't tell me."
"Dad, it's just, I went to get Edward." She says.
"You guys are dating again?"
"I-."
"Actually it's whatever, I just don't want him to hurt you again."
"I know dad."

I don't wanna hear them, so I go to my room. I sit in my bed. I get up and walk into Bella's room.
"Edward?" I say.
"Hi." He says in the corner.
"Knew it, and I'll deal with you later." I say leaving and going back into my room.