-T W O-

Chapter

2

CAL'S POV

After a long 20 hour drive filled with plenty of pit stops and one long nap in my car, I had finally arrived in Tulsa Oklahoma.

I pulled into a Tesco gas station. I went in to grab a coke and some gum.

"How's it going?" The cashier asked with a smile.

"Fine," I said with a polite simile as I set down my things "Do you by any chance know a Dallas Winston?" I asked.

His smile dropped and his face paled. Leave it to Dally to have a rep like that.

"Uh- um yeah," he said stuttering "Try Bucks, it's a bar a couple of streets over."

"Thanks," I said, turning to leave. The cashier called out for me.

"Wait! Trust me you might want to say away from him. He's nothing but trouble"

"Trust me, I'm worse," I said with a wink and turned to leave. He didn't stop me this time.

I pulled up to a sleazy-looking bar. A few sad drunks sat at the counter and a few more were playing pool.

Walking up to the counter I asked the bartender "Hey have you ever hear of a Dallas Winston?'

"Yeah, he's not here right now. Try the Curtis house or the sheriffs' station. Those are your two best bets."

He gave me directions to the Curtis house and I thanked him.

I pulled up to a white house with an overgrown lawn and a chain like a fence with a broken gate. The house looked like it could use a fresh coat of paint but other than that it looked much better than the other dilapidated houses I had driven by.

TWO-BIT'S POV

We were all hanging out and sitting on the couch while Darry was cooking dinner. As we heard a car pull up the driveway, we all looked at each other confused because we were here. Steve got up and looked out the window.

"Holy shit!! Guys come look at this car!" He yelled

Everyone except Dallas got up and huddled around this window. Everyone tensed and went to reach for their switchblades, mustangs mean socs. Everyone went quiet when a girl stepped clad in a leather jacket and ripped jeans out of the car.

We all rushed back to the couch and tried to look normal as she walked to the door.

There was a knock at the door and Dal got up to answer it.

CAL'S POV

I walked up to the door anxiously fiddling with the postcard. I made sure I had my gun tucked into the back of my jeans. It was a glock-19 I had illegally bought after I had had a bad run-in with a guy who I'd beaten in the ring. Turns out misogynistic a-holes don't like it when a 5'6'' girl kicks their ass. Go figure.

I always made sure the safety was on. I was a very careful criminal.

I took a nervous breath and knocked on the door.

"Cal?"

"Dal"

"God, you look like shit," I say, throwing my arms around his neck in a hug. He huffed a laugh and wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up and swung me into the house.   

"Jesus kid," Dal said punching my shoulder. "I thought three years would be enough time for you to grow out of your ugly phase, guess not."

"Well lucky for me it's just a phase. Unfortunately for you it's a lifestyle." I said with fake sympathy filling my voice. Dal just laughed and threw an arm around my shoulders.