-F O U R-

Capter
4

    Almost a week had passed since my arrival in tulsa. Darry and I had accidentally worked out a morning routine. Everyday I drove to the Curtis house in the morning and ate breakfast together. Then he would leave for work while I got Sodapop up for work and Steve would come over. Then I would drive both of them to the DX. After that I would go for a run or workout then go back to bucks and shower and sometimes read or call Segi. Sometimes I would go hangout with Pony and Johnny. At the end of the day I would pick up Steve and Soda then go back to the Curtis house for dinner.
    It was a bit later than normal as I made my way to the Curtis house because Darry, Steve and Soda had weekends off.
    Mostly everyone was here. They guys were all chilling on the couches.
"Hey Dare," I said. Walking into the Curtis house looking through my mail that I had grabbed out of Bucks mail box. 
    "Hey-"
    "Oh my god." I said cutting him off.
    "Wha-"
    "It's my college letter. From Harvard." I said. Everyone was now looking at me.
    "Well..."
    "What are you waiting for?"
    "Open it!" The guys all coursed.
    I looked to Darry for encouragement. He gave a slight nodd.
    "Okay" I said, releasing a shaky breath. I opened the envelope. My eyes frantically scanned the page.
    "What's it say?" I heard Two-bit ask he was then thoroughly shushed.
    "I- I got in." I said looking up astonished.
    Everyone started whooping and hollering. Steve even lifted me up.
    "Wait!" I yelled. I was re-reading the letter. Everyone quieted down.
    I covered my mouth with my hand.
    "Oh my god what?" Soda asked.
    "I got in on full scholarship!" I basically yelled.
    The cheres started anew.
    "We have to celebrate." Pony said.
    "Hell yeah we do. We should go to the Dingo." Two said.
    "Okay! Let's go. We can take my car. And as a happy acceptance gift Steve you can drive." I offered.
    "Wait really?" Steve's face lit up like a christmas tree.
    "Yep only if you swear to god you won't let anything happen to her. She's my baby." I said tossing him the keys as we made our way out the door.
    "I'll protect her with my life."

    The car was pretty cramped but we managed to fit everyone inside. I was basically sitting on Darry's lap.
    When we pulled up to the dingo there were a bunch of greasers in the parking lot. They reached for blades when they saw my car but when they saw a bunch of greasers get out they all relaxed.
    I got out of the car. A guy in a leather jacket walked up to Dally. "Sup Dal." The guy greeted with a head nod.
    The guy had dark brown hair and a long scar that ran down his neck.
"Hey Griff," Dally responded, curtly.
"Sweat ride." Griff said, nodding towards my car.
"Thanks." Dal said. The man, Griff, wolf whistled as I walked around the car to them.
"And who might this be?" He asked.
"The owner of the car."
"She yours?"
"Yep."   
"She's a beut."
    "Thanks." I cooly replied.
    "Hey, I'll meet you inside. Why don't you head in?" Dal said nodding towards the building, which the guys were all walking into.
    "'Kay" I started walking towards the door.
    "Wait, I don't get to know your name?"
    I turned around and walked backwards. "Afraid not." I turned and walked into the building.
    I walked in and squeezed into the booth with the rest of the gang. "Hey, who's that guy?" I asked.
    "That's Griff. He's one of Dallys friends. I would recommend you stay away from him." Darry answered.
    "Noted." I said as Dal came in and sat down.
    "What did Griff want?"
    "Just business stuff." Dal said.
    The waitress came and took our orders. We talked for a little while waiting for the food to arrive. We kept throwing the fries at each other until Two missed me and hit the lady in the both behind us.
    Just then a bunch of socs came in. That would have been fine except for the fact one broke off from the pack.
    He walked up to us and sat in the booth next to me. Everyone glared at him as he slung his arm around me. I practically saw steam coming from Dally's ears.
     I thought Johnny was about to shake out of his skin. He looked so scared.
    "What's a doll like you hangin' with bums like these?" He asked me.
    "Who you callin' bums pall?" Two asked.
    "I don't think there's room for you in the booth." I said sweetly, turning my head to look at him.   
    "Aw c'mon baby don't be like that," He said, running his ring covered hand down my check.
    "I said, there's no more room." And I shoved him off the bench.
    He landed flat on his ass.
    "You bitch. You're lucky I don't-"
    "What? Hit me?" I asked getting out of the booth as he stood. "Go for it." I challenged as I stared him dead in the eyes. Our faces were about an inch apart.
    We stared at each other for a minute. "That's what I thought." I said. I turned back to our table.
    I felt his cold hand wrap around my neck. He pulled me back into him, his rings pressing on my windpipe.
    "You know you should warn your little friend in the corner there to watch his back. Last time I ran into him... Well he wasn't exactly walking after our encounter." I stood there frozen with rage knowing he was talking about Johnny. "He didn't like my rigs either."
    He let go of my neck and pushed me forward.  Everyone was dead silent. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.
    I could still feel him watching me.
    I turned and swung. My fist connected with his face in a perfectly executed right hook.
    He stumbled back a few steps. "You Bitch!" He spat at me clutching his jaw.
    He went for a sloppy swing at my face. I ducked and when he was still off balance from his swing I kicked him square in the gut sending him flying back into the table behind him.
    He went to charge at me again so I grabbed a fistful of his hair and slammed his face into my knee. I heard a satisfying crack. He stumbled back clutching his face which was now dripping with blood.