Chapter 2

Opening the big french door, I walked inside the house. I slipped of my shoes by the door, and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, Mom." I said, giving her a light hug and walking to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"Hi, Honey. Did you enjoy your run?" She asked while she stirred whatever was in the pot on the stove.

"Yep, it was great," taking a sip of my water and sitting on a bar stool," what are you making?"

"Spaghetti, garlic rolls, salad, and there's cookies in the oven." she listed back to me while turning off the burner under the spaghetti.

"That's a lot of food, is someone coming over?" I asked.

"Yes, your dad's boss and his wife are coming over at six thirty. Now, go upstairs, shower, and get dress. Something nice."

" Yes, ma'am." I hop out of my chair and head off up the stairs to do as she asked.

After I showered, I dried off, wrapped the towel around my body and walk into my closet. I pulled a pair of black skinny jeans off of a hanger along with my red sweater. After I pulled on my outfit I slid on black no show socks and a pair of black leather ankle boots. Sitting down at the vanity, I quickly curled my hair with my curling iron I turned on before getting dressed and then did natural looking makeup.

"Alex, come down stairs." my mother yelled from what I assume is either the kitchen or living room.

I stood and pushed in my vanity chair before grabbing my phone off the charger and going out of my room. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I realized that dad, along with his boss and wife, were already here.

"Hey, Dad." I smiled giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Hi, honey." he said hugging me back.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Harver, I'm Alex. How are you?" I greeted them, offering my hand to shake.

They said hello, Mrs. Harver going on about how well behaved I was and how I wasn't like most kids, Mr. Harver and dad talk in the living room about new sales at the company or the football game, I wasn't really listening.

"Alex, can you come get the plates down, please?" Mom asked from the kitchen.

"Sure." I replied going that way.

Mrs. Harver followed me into the kitchen and mom showed me which plates she wanted. I reached up, standing on the tips of my toes, and grabbed the plates pulling them out of the cabinet. While I was reaching up, my shirt had ridden up revealing my birthmark that was situated on my right hip, it was about the size of a golf ball and was black like a tattoo which is what most people assumed it was. Which is why when Mrs. Harver mentioned it I was confused.

"What a lovely birthmark, Dear." she said smiling.

"Hmm, oh, thank you. " I said pulling my sweater back down took cover the star looking birthmark.

She smiled and went back to talking with my mom while I set the plates on the table along with napkins and silverware.

Dinner passed by quickly there was small talk about how we were settling in, if I was enjoying school, and if we liked the town. At about 8, the Harvers said they should get home.

"Be careful this weekend, the spring possession, is pretty dangerous." and as they left Mrs. Harver sent me a subtle wink leaving me more confused than I was already.

Great now I have more questions about this town than before. Oh well, I'll just ask Emma and Adrian tomorrow .

Hi, thanks for reading. Tell me what you think. Follow, vote, comment, and message me. Again thanks guys!!