Chapter 3

"So what's the possession?" I asked Emma and Adrian as we took a seat at our lunch table. They looked at each other and then back at me as if telling the other one to start talking.

"Fine! I'll tell her," Adrian huffed," the possession is this weird folk tale that this town has, where the spirit of the full moon possesses a person or an animal. Then this animal or person stalks the town for a day or two before picking someone to take. If you ask me it's pretty stupid, but now that I'm thinking about it two people did go missing last year."

He thought about it for a few more minutes before shrugging his shoulders and eating a french fry. Emma just nodded along with what he said while she ate her chicken nuggets.

"And that's happening this weekend?"

"Yup, which is why it's perfect for a sleepover." Adrian explained, with a mouth full of chicken nuggets.

I laughed at him before go back to eating my own food. Lunch was pretty boring, if you call an eighteen year old boy smiling with an orange peel over his teeth boring. After we finished our meals, we picked up our trays taking them over to the wash station and putting them on top of the other dirty trays. We talked for the remainder of lunch, and when the bell rang, we went our separate ways, heading to our next class.

American history dragged on for what felt like forever. Soon the bell rang and dismissed everyone to last hour, which for me is a great class because it's yearbook. I made my way to the yearbook room, dodging people as I went. The my destination came into view and I quickly went into the room, greeting the other staff members. I set my stuff down and grabbed our assignment sheet to see what I need to work on. After deciding to work on the cross country page, I quickly set to work making the layout, choosing the pictures that looked most interesting, naming the cross country members in the team photo, and finally putting captions with the other photos on the pages. I finished up a few minutes before the bell rang to dismiss us for the day, so logging out of the yearbook site, I gathered up my things. A few minutes later the dismissal bell rang with 3 loud dings, allowing us to head home. Making my way quickly out into the hallway, I got my necessary books out of my locker, and walked out to the parking lot. I talked to a few of my friends who were waiting for rides, before walking to my own car, and making my way home.

"Okay, are y'all riding with me or are y'all going home first?" I asked Adrian and Emma, while I leaned against the back of my car.

" I have to run home to get my clothes and get more snacks." Emma replied headed toward the sidewalk.

"Yep, I'm gonna get my stuff,too." Adrian yelled an ran after Emma.

"Fine! I'll see you guys in a little while."

I stepped into my car, and slowly backed out of my parking spot being careful not to hit anything. After pulling out of the school parking lot, I went to the store and bought a few things: chips, cookies, candy, drinks, popcorn, and a few movies. I made it home at four o'clock and went into the living room with all of the snacks and stuff I bought. After I set up the living room I went up stairs to shower and change.

I stepped out of the shower quickly, changing into a pair of gray sweatpants and a white tank top. Towel drying my hair, I went back down stairs to wait for   Emma and Adrian in the living room, but on my way down I heard people laughing in the living room. When stepped into the room I saw Emma sitting on the couch and Adrian laying on the floor holding his side.

" What happened?" I asked walking over to stand over Adrian.

" Well, I might have, maybe slightly, kinda elbowed him in the side cause he tried to tickle me."

Hey, guys! So it took a little while for an update, but yay here's an update! So if y'all want vote, comment, follow me, and eat some French fries. Tell me what y'all think. Message me if y'all wanna talk, and I'm still looking for someone to cast as Alex. Anyway love y'all bye!! :)