I hate you.

"I HATE YOU!" you screamed at your boyfriend through heavy tears. "I FUCKING HATE YOU!"

You threw a hardcover book at Stanley Barber, who you actually thought loved you. But you should have known. Love isn't real.

"Y/n, please, calm d-"

"NO!" you cut him off. "I'M YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FUCKING STICK WITH ME!" you sobbed, barely able to get the words out.

"Y/n, you know I love you more than anything in the world, I really do. But I'm not going to run away with you. You can't be upset about that, you can't just expect me to drop my life so that I can come with you to fucking New York City." Stan replied back sternly. "Besides, it's not that big of a deal. Just leave without me, you'll live. We could always keep in touch but I doubt you'll want to."

You let out a laugh. But it wasn't a laugh-laugh. It was a laugh filled with pure pain. "That's just the fucking THING, Stanley. I WON'T live without you. I love you so fucking much it's psychotic and if you don't come with me I don't know how long I'll be able to survive."

Stan looked at you and let out a sigh. "You'll have Syd. I love you too, Y/n. You don't think this hurts me? My boyfriend is moving two hundred miles away and screaming about how he hates me at me. It really fucking stings. And I'm sorry but I really don't think this is gonna work out."

You stared at him. For a few minutes. A few very, very long minutes. And Stan just stood there, watching you slowly fall apart.

Eventually, you backed against the wall of your room. It hurt. The feeling of the normally comforting wood hurt. Everything hurt. It hurt to breathe and it hurt to think and it hurt to look at Stan. It hurt.

"Get out." you muttered.

"Y/n, don't you think we should talk about this?" Stan asked. You stayed silent for a moment more, breaking down what Stan had said.

"I said GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GOD DAMN HOUSE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

You threw another hardcover book at him. And another, and another, and another. You were sobbing so hard your head began to hurt. And a sharp bolt of pain is the last thing you felt before you blacked out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You slowly opened your hurting eyes, staring at the ceiling for a moment before sitting up ever so slowly. Everything seemed to be slow right now, as though the world was in slow motion.

You looked around, realizing you were in your room. Your head was pounding, and you stared down at your lap a soft blanket covered trying to remember something.

And then it hit you.

You started crying again, the tears stinging your eyes as they rushed out. You grabbed a pillow and tried to sob into it before feeling how scratchy your throat was. So crying was out of the picture.

You carefully moved your legs to hang off the side of the bed before grabbing on to your headboard. You nearly fell over but managed to stay up.

You walked cautiously out of your bedroom and down to Syd's door before knocking. Syd opened the door, her eyes darting around the hallway before landing on you. You must've really looked like shit because Syd gasped and put an arm around your shoulder for support to walk.

"You're alive!" she exclaimed through a grin. You mustered out a weak chuckle. "Unfortunately, yeah." you replied, cringing at how raspy your voice sounded. Syd chuckled back before slowly leading you to the bathroom and carefully having you sit on the toilet lid and rifling through the cabinet.