𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜**✿❀

[modern au]

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

𝓈𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

the sky above was full of tumultuous, dark, ragged clouds. a curtain of rain beat down from the heavens. you and diluc were sat comfortably on the soft cushions of the couch. heads rested against one another, hands and legs tangled together, feeling secured and warmed from the pouring rain. that's how you came to love cuddling with diluc during downpours.

you and diluc slowly waltzed to the slow music softly playing in the background inside your bedroom. with his hand clasped around yours whilst your other hand was placed onto his shoulder, his other hand curled around your waist, gently tugging you along with the beat. your eyes stared into his and his stared into yours. both slowly leaning forward, eyes twinkling in anticipation. it was like a surge of electricity flowing through your veins as you felt their lips on yours, with eyes closed as you relinquished yourself to this moment. that was your first kiss.

on your fifth anniversary together, diluc drove up to your house surprising you with a rose bouquet sprayed with your favorite scent. that night he had took you out on a simple yet extravagant dinner date. hands locked and fingers intertwined with one another, you had wanted to walked down the pavements to your home as that gave you more time with him together, so he had his car parked at least four houses away from yours. upon seeing your house in view, you felt a sudden chill on your fingers. you turned your head to look at him with a puzzled face thinking he was pulling some kind of prank again, but instead you watched him slowly raised your hand, brushing his lips onto your fingers and there you noticed. a sliver shine on your ring finger under the dim lights of the street lamps. "let me promise a life with you." diluc whispered those words out lovingly. you remembered shedding tears from the onslaught of emotions.

today, you shed tears again as you watched the pastor at the altar recite his speech. you watched diluc with eyes fill with endearment as he says his marriage vows. "i now pronounce you, husband and wife. you may now kiss the bride." pronounced the pastor. he leans in closer eagerly as he couldn't wait any longer. you shut your eyes immediately, your heart violently beat against your chest because the one he placed that kiss on wasn't you.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

a/n: uhh i swear the next one isn't angst. i'm quite the honest person.