Chapter 7

Selena crawled over a wooden counter as she quickly clamped her hands over her mouth. Dinah went to hide in the corner created by a wall and a shelf, standing parallel to the shelf with her back to the wall, sucking in so none of her body parts or clothes show from Mr. Swindle's view.

The door flies opened and a grumpy Mr. Swindle walked in, throwing his keys onto the counter, followed by his food. "Finally." He opened the bag and took out his food, "ugh it's cold." He groaned.

Mr. Swindle's eyes turn to the alarm control pad and he frowned in confusion. "Did I forget to set the alarm?" He said walking closer to the control pad slowly before stopping in his track mumbling, "No, I always set the alarm." He took another glance around the store before turn to the control pad and pressing a code onto it.

'Alarm sequence activated', an electronic voice say, signaling that the system was armed.

Mr. Swindle walked away from the control pad. He kept his eyes narrowed as he observed the shop. He continue to walk, approaching Selena's hiding spot.

Selena slowly moved her body around the wooden counter, moving in time with his footstep. When he's standing on the right side of the counter, Selena moved successfully to the left side and she crawled to the back.

Mr. Swindle took a few more glances around the area before cautiously moving forward and took some time to admire his collection. Dinah used that time to quickly moved out of her spot and ran to the back while Mr. Swindle's back was turned towards her.

"Go!" Lauren whispered to Demi who was hiding with her under another counter while motioning with her hand for the other latina to hurry and move to the back.

"What?" Demi whispered back. "What about you?"

"Just go! I'll be after you."

Demi got up from her position and followed Dinah and Selena's lead. Lauren is about to follow her until Demi being the clumsy girl she is, accidentally hit her shoulder against the coat rack causing it to shake and rattle. Demi grabbed it with her hand to freeze the coat rack, but it was too late because Mr. Swindle started to walk towards the coat rack.

Suddenly, a ringing noise traveled throughout the store and Mr. Swindle turn back, moved his attention from the coat rack to the counter where the computer was.

Once his back was turned and he was making his way to the computer, Demi quietly moved to the back where Selena and Dinah were.

Mr. Swindle tapped on a button in the computer and soon, he was connected to someone else on the screen. "Yello, it's Swindle's Collectibles." He grabbed his Moo-Shoo and chopstick and started to dig in while listening to the other person.

"Bonjour, monsieur Swindle." The other person spoke through the computer.

"It's 'Swindell', Accent on the back half." Mr. Swindle stated, annoyed.

"Yes, of course , monsieur Swindell. I understand you recently acquired the Honus Wagner baseball card" The man who Lauren assumed was from France regarding to his accent said.