Chapter 8

They ride in silence before Normani decided to break it, "So Lauren, Demi told me, you had the card in your hand, and then you put it back?"

"Yeah Laur. Why are we going through all this trouble for nothing?" Dinah said while driving.

Lauren sighed and turned her body to look at them in the backseat. Demi and Selena raised their eyebrow while Camila and Normani had a questioning look on their faces.

"Look guys, I dont thing stealing the card back is a better idea." Lauren said, "Mr. Swindell would've known exactly who took it..." Then Camila butt in, "...and there's no way you could sell it to anybody anywhere." Then she smiled sweetly at Lauren. Proud of herself. Lauren returned the smile and winked at her girlfriend.

"So what do we do now?" Dinah asked. Her eyes focused on the road.

"We need to get Mr. Swindell to give us the card, free and clear. If we can do that, then...Then we pulled off the ultimate swindle" Lauren explained.

"Okay Laur, let me tell you, Mr. Swindell's not gonna fork over the Honus Wagner's card out of goodness of his heart." Selena stated.

"Yeah, Sel is right." Normani said high five-ing Selena then added, "It would seem most out of character."

"Yeah, what they said." Camila said, shrugging.

Lauren turned to them once again, "Okay look, he's going to do it. It's all gonna happen at the hotel this Saturday." She reassured.

"How come?" Demi asked.

"Dems, just trust me." Demi sighed and nodded her head.

"So, what you got in your mind?" Camila asked. Lauren paused, thinking for a moment before a thought crossed her mind. She smirked and stared at her girlfriend.

Camila blushed, "Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked nervously and tucked a stray strand hair behind her left ear. Even though they've been together for a long time, Lauren still caused these effects to her.

"Yo Laur! Don't eye-fucking her. We're here too, you know." Demi groaned.

Lauren chuckled and stop staring at Camila, "I have a plan." She said, then turn to Camila, "And we're gonna need you, babe." Lauren explained and reached forward to kiss the top Camila's nose.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I should be in front of the laptop and Normani should do the acting." Camila said as she adjusted the fake glasses. She had tweaked it, so the lenses acted as a camera. So, the group could see everything she saw, and it also gave the group a way to communicate with her.

"I know babe. But you want to be a part of this, you have to do it. Besides, Austin likes you." Lauren said rolling her eyes and looked down at her lap, playing with her finger. Not that she insecure or something, she just feel like wanna do it.