Chapter 2

"Dems, Ojai is in the different time zone.." Lauren whined as both of them were hanging in Demi's house talking about Demi's family economy crisis that she need to move out of Miami to Ojai, where her grandparents' lives.

"We can always chat online Laur," Demi replied, sighing at her best friend's antics.

"But it's not the sam-" Lauren try to argue before Demi's brother, Dave (AN: Franco ;) interrupted them with his new invention which is both Latina concludes that it's a remote control that connected with a fake hand wearing red glove.

"Demetria! Good news. We may not have to move to Ojai and live with Grammy and Gramps."

"You got a job?" Demi asked.

"Nope! I got this new invention. I call it the 'igotit' with the lower case i," Dave said before sat in between the girls.

Lauren nodded her head, "Trendy... ish"

"Okay, I got it," Demi rolled her eyes.

"Okay girls, wanna check it out?  Okay, imagine I'm a lazy couch potato wallowing in pork rinds and failure, sitting here in my boxer.." He said before Lauren cut him.

"I'd rather not.." Lauren said, shaking her head.

"What she said," Demi continued, agreeing with her best friend and give her brother a dirty look.

Dave chuckled before continued, "And I realize, hey my drinks over there." He pointed the 'igotit' at the can of beer on the counter and pushed red button on the remote. The fake hand stretched and grabbed the beer. "Can retrieve. Thank you 'igotit'" He chuckled.

Lauren and Demi looked in awe, "Actually, it's not that bad bro," Demi said and Lauren nodded her head, agreeing.

"You see, I told you one of these inventions would pay off one day. Or should I say, this Saturday when I enter the snake-pit, the three minutes to pitch your inventions TV shows." The older Lovato said smugly before he accidentally pushed the red button on the remote and the hand immediately flew into the wall and make a hole.

Their jaws drops as they can see Demi's mom through the hole who was standing, raising her eyebrow. "Decided to do a little remodeling?" Her mom asked, hinting on sarcasm.

Demi and Lauren pointing their index finger immediately towards Dave who quickly shove the 'igoit' in his back pocket and slapped their hands away.

"Dave?" Her mom started.

"Uhh It just a f-few bugs in 'igotit'" Dave stuttered.

"And what's this gonna costs to fix?" Demi's mom folded her arms to her chest.

"I'm guessing three hundred dollars?" Her brother answered and her mom groaned, signalling Dave to come to her before walking away with him following behind.