Part 5

Throughout the trip one thing Ashi and her mom understood one thing really well. It was that Jannat and Siddharth and their families had a very strong bond. It didn't seem that they were two separate families but instead one big family. The beauty of their bond was that they never let their religious differences or different ideological opnions come between their bonds. They realized that even Mr. Faisu had grown very close to both these families.

It was Jannat's birthday. Jannat, Siddharth, Mr. Faisu, Ashi, Ashnoor and Anushka were walking down the streets, doing window shopping.

Jannat : Guys ye wali shop mein chalte hai yahaan.......

Suddenly she saw Avneet on the other side of the road. Jannat was just about to turn her head to the other side when she saw a car approaching Avneet from her back side. Jannat suddenly realized that the car was speeding towards Avneet and it didn't look like it was going to stop!

Without even thinking for a second Jannat dropped the shopping bags in her hand and rushed towards Avneet.

Mr. Faisu : Arre Jannat kahaan jaa rhi ho

Sid : Arre Bawli

Ashnoor : Jaan what the??

Anushka : Jaanu!

Ashi : Guys see Avneet on the other side where Jannat ran!

They all saw as Jannat pushed Avneet out of the way of the car. They both fell down as the car went speeding past them. Thankfully both of them just got hurt on their legs and hands but not severe injuries.

All the others saw this and rushed to their side.

To say that Avneet was shocked would be an understatement! Avneet was beyond shocked that first of all how can a car go at such a speed and the second that Jannat had pushed her out of the way and hence she was safe!

Jannat : Avneet tum theek ho?? Kahin lagi kya?? Theek ho tum??

She forgot all their fights in that moment and just wanted to know whether Avneet was fine or not. Seeing all this Avneet's eyes swelled up with tears.

Avneet : H... Ha.... Haan Jannat. I'm fine.

Just then the others reached their side. By this time Jannat and Avneet had stood up.

Siddharth : Jannat tum pagal ho kya aise koi gadi ke saamne bhagta hai kya!! Kuch ho jata toh??

With this he hugged her.

Mr. Faisu : Haan Jannat! Kuch ho jata tumhe toh??

Jannat : Mujhe kuch hua?? Nahi na?? Aur balki nhi karti toh zaroor kisi ko kuch ho jata.

Siddharth looked at Avneet in the eye. Avneet looked right back at him.

(Assume this song plays in the background)

"Lo maan liya humne
Hai pyaar nahi tumko
Tum yaad nahi humko
Hum yaad nahi tumko

Bas ek dafa mudke dekho
Aye yaar zara humko

Lo maan liya humne
Hai pyaar nahi tumko
Tum yaad nahi humko
Hum yaad nahi tumko

Bas ek dafa mudke dekho
Aye yaar zara humko