Part 8

(See the cover for this part)

At Avneet's House

Ashnoor had put ointment on Avneet's wounds and was making her some dinner.

Avneet : Twinnie tu kyun itna load le rhi hai yaar! I'll manage!

Ashnoor : Badi aayi I'll manage karne wali Itni formality karegi ab tu mujhse haan??

Avneet : Arre yaar😅😅

Ashnoor sets the dinner on the table and they both eat.

After dinner

Ashnoor : Twinnie tu theek hai??

Avneet : Haan kyun??

Ashnoor : Sach bol yaar

Avneet sighs

Avneet : I mean I don't know yaar....... Aaj jo kuch bhi hua.......

Ashnoor : Do you still love Siddharth??

Avneet was speechless

Ashnoor : Kya main iss khamoshi ka matlab Haan samjhoon??

Avneet : Yes I do love him. But.......

Ashnoor :  But??

Avneet : But I don't know whether things would be okay or not

Ashnoor : Accha chal ye bata Jannat se mil ke kaisa laga

Avneet : Bittersweet

Ashnoor : Matlab?? And vaise tell me....... Tum dono ko dekh ke aisa laga ki do bahut hi close friends saalon baad ek doosre se gale mil rhe hai....... But you both always say that you are just acquintances....... Kya chal rha hai yeh sab??

Avneet looked down. She was conflicted whether she should tell Ashnoor everything or not? Although she was happy in her life but in the past few months she felt lonely. Emotionally alone. Yes Reem was a very very dear friend. But she was also very close to both Siddharth and Jannat and she had been there from  the start so maybe she already had an idea about the situation. But she never brought up the topic. And so didn't Avneet. So when Ashnoor asked her about it, she couldn't stop herself from telling her.

Avneet : I'll tell you everything from the start Ashnoor. Please tell me what you feel about the situation honestly. I really really need someone's advice right now.

Ashnoor : Always there for you Twin Kaur! Now take a deep breath and start up.

Avneet : So yeah me and Jannat met at an event or maybe it was a party of our common friend. I think it was Reem's birthday or maybe Bhavesh's birthday. So yeah we met and instantly hit off pretty well. Then we became friends and used to talk a lot and chat a lot on whatsapp and Instagram. So we became very good friends. But I wasn't her best friend. Yes we both had Reem and then there was Roshni. She was friends with Faisal too for a very long time. But for as long as I have known her, her bestest friend among all her best friends was Siddharth. It had always been him. So yes as one of her close friends I too had heard a lot about Siddharth. But I had never met him. Then one day at an Eid party in 2016 at Jannat's house I met him.

Ashnoor : Oh the one which Anushka in it too?? I might have seen some pictures.

Avneet : Yes that one. So there I met THE SIDDHARTH NIGAM through his best friend JANNAT ZUBAIR REHMANI. Little did I know that one day he would become my maadoo.

Avneet smiled sadly

Ashnoor : So what was your first impression of him while meeting him?

Avneet : Umm my first impression of him. Well I was really excited to meet him as I had heard his name so many times from Jaan. He was a very shy and cute little boy. But as the party went on I realized that he was shy with only new people. I've never seen Siddharth being shy around Jannat. They were constantly fighting about something or the other, in a fun way of course. In fact, he was so comfortable with Jannat's mom, dad and with Ayaan that it was weird. I mean not weird but like different. Even Jannat talked to his mom and brother as if it was her own family. So yeah I kinda understood that they were not just best friends but also family friends. Anyways I and Siddharth interacted quite a lot during the party games and kind of became friends.

Ashnoor : Yeah that is true Jannat and Siddharth used to be super close during childhood. Unki families toh lagta hi nhi ki do  separate families hai. It looks like it is one big family. I mean inspite of having different religions they never let that come between them. Saare festivals saath mein celebrate karte hai holi, Diwali, Eid, Christmas sab kuch. Truly the best example of unity in diversity. Dil ko sukoon milta hai dekh kar.

Avneet : Hmm....... Yeh baat toh sahi kahi tumne.

Ashnoor : Accha continue na

Avneet : Yeah so then we were offered the show Chandra Nandini. Usme we were cast opposite each other toh vahaan se we became good friends. Jannat used to visit sometimes since Ayaan bhi tha uss show mein. Toh hum teeno bhi bahut dhoom machate the. At that time she was doing MaharanaPratap. Toh Siddharth also became friends with Faisal. Toh hum charon ki bahut acchi dosti thi kuch na kuch masti karte rehte the.  Then both the shows ended. Me and Siddharth used to make a lot of musically and videos and so did Jannat and Siddharth. Main aur Jannat zyada nhi banate the shayad because all the time we kept talking and talking whenever we used to meet. Faisal aur Jannat bahut banate the. Umm then aise hi chalta rha until we were offered Aladdin. Usme bhi starting mein Jannat visited the set once to meet us. Uss din mera shoot nhi tha par toh she and Siddharth met. She was doing Tu Aashiqui back then.  Par pata nhi kab sab badal gaya.

Ashnoor : You guys seem to have been pretty close friends ya! And about the pata nhi kab sab change ho gaya toh Twinnie tujhe bhi pata hai kab sab change hua hoga.

Avneet : Matlab?

Ashnoor : Okay I'll give you an example.

Avneet : Hmm bol

Ashnoor : Jab tu siddharth ki birthday party mein gayi thi in 2017 usne sabse pehle cake kisko khilaya tha?

Avneet : Pehle aunty aur Abhsihek ko.

Ashnoor : Arre I mean family ke baad

Avneet : Jannat ko phir Ayaan and Jannat's parents I think.

Ashnoor : And 2018 mein?

Avneet : Family ke baad mujhe.

Ashnoor : There you go! That's where things changed.

Avneet : Arre but obviously mujhe khilayega na. We were dating at that time!

Ashnoor : And after you both started dating did Jannat's behavior change??

Avneet : Thoda bahut maybe yes. I mean she didn't know that we were dating. Humne kisi ko bataya nhi tha except our parents. But I guess she did know since their families are super close and Siddharth ko maine mana  kiya tha batane se but I think he anyways told her. Ya shayad she got to know on her own. I don't really remember. But yeah that was the problem na that she didn't change her behavior! I mean jab tak hum friends the tab tak theek tha but which girlfriend would like her boyfriend to be so close to another girl right? I used to think ki you know she'll withdraw a bit but she didn't. So yeah usse main thoda upset rehti thi. Siddharth ko samajh aa gaya so he himself started maintaining some distance from her.  And that's when mine and Jannat's friendship went haywire.
Tab lagta tha jo bhi ho rha hai sahi hai. I had my maadoo so I didn't really care about not having Jannat. But ab lagta hai ki usse badi bewakoofi maine nhi ki shayad kabhi. Maybe if I hadn't let my friendship with Jannat fade away because of her bond with Siddharth then maybe just maybe aaj sab sahi hota.

Avneet sighed as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Ashnoor : Hey Twinnie don't cry!

Avneet : No no I'm fine. Tum batao what are your views about all this?

Ashnoor : Bata toh main doongi. Par kya tum sunn paogi??

What is Ashnoor going to tell Avneet?? Do you think Avneet and Jannat should give their friendship a second chance??

Keep reading to find out! Don't forget to upvote the part and please comment so that I can get to know how you all are feeling about all this situation.