The Student Council Wants to Get Ready

Notes:
Technically, story starts at LiW's Chapter 119, but we'll get there soon
Sorry if LiW characters are OOC

!__________!

December 16, 2016 (Friday)

"Wait... What...
...
I-Impossible! Did the moon just b-blow up?! Why?! How?! What the f**k?! NOOOOO!" A teenage male howls in the dead of night, almost to the brink of hoarseness. Though he is not the only one with this question during that fateful night, only a few can hold a candle to how loud one can push their voices compared to this young man.

Ever since the mysterious explosion on the moon back in March during their 2nd year at high school, student council President Miyuki Shirogane's love for astronomy has taken an equally devastating blow upon realizing that it will now be a crescent...

Ever since the mysterious explosion on the moon back in March during their 2nd year at high school, student council President Miyuki Shirogane's love for astronomy has taken an equally devastating blow upon realizing that it will now be a crescent for a very long time. Future opportunities to gaze at any other phase of the moon have been destroyed and this severely affected his mental and emotional state for quite some time in subtle ways, though his pride made it a point to not show it lest he face constant pity and confusion from the student body, especially the latter from an heiress by the name of Kaguya Shinomiya.

Luckily, given that it was merely the start of the year and academics were lightest by then, it only took a painstakingly slow acceptance and his original attitude had recovered as he would much rather focus on the fact that he never took the moon for granted before the explosion. Though he was visibly disheartened when talking about the moon and the tale of Princess Kaguya during the (Crescent) Moon Viewing Festival, he still enjoyed sharing his knowledge about the stars and opinions on the tale much to Shinomiya's panic, which later made him realize how embarrassing and shameless he became during that time. It was scandalous, it can be said with some level of certainty that even a gossip-loving, yellow octopus has stumbled upon that gem.

Jumping to December, a new day dawns in the ever-prestigious Shuchiin Academy, in this institution meant to educate the upper crust of society, it is a genuine surprise to see that the students are working on their cultural festival preparations like ordinary high school students, save the budgets needed for the large-scale projects and works. Today's order of business involves an interesting change to the very special occasion.

It's merely a serene morning, but a girl with silver-pink hair can be witnessed cheerily skipping her way to the Student Council room. This girl is the student council Secretary Fujiwara Chika, daughter of the politician Fujiwara Daichi, and she's hugging an envelope. She opens the doors to see the tired blonde President at it as usual with his paperwork as Vice-President Shinomiya is brewing tea and coffee while preparing teacups, the Auditor Miko Iino is just sitting on the couch writing something, and Treasurer Ishigami Yuu recently went out to go to the bathroom.