Kei Shirogane Wants to Unwind

Notes:
This is when LiW's Chapter 119 comes in for this story.
Huge thanks to my personal beta reader/s who've been with me since the start, even though they don't have fanfic accounts 😅, thought I should acknowledge them at some point.
All reviews are gladly accepted.

!__________!

December 16, 2016 (Friday)

It was 4:59 PM when Miyuki Shirogane came back home, wore an apron to make dinner, and talked to Kei about going to check out the upcoming junior high cultural festival. We all know where this is gonna go.

It was 5:11 PM when Kei just finished beating the hell out of Miyuki for his poor fashion sense, which is somehow no better than a middle-schooler's, and Papa Shirogane came home sooner than expected.

"It physically hurts me to watch this old man try to look young..."
"I'm home early, why you hatin'?"

It was 5:15 PM when Miyuki and Kei left to go shopping for clothes, Miyuki offered to bike them to Shimamura while Papa Shirogane takes over the kitchen.

It was 5:24 PM when they arrived in Shimamura. It was awkward with Miyuki being the one ordered around to try different clothing combinations. Not many older siblings can stomach this.

"Seriously, onii-chan?"
"They look like a good contrast."
"You're not colorblind, get rid of either the purple one or the violet one... At least know the complementary colors."
"Fine... How about this one, Kei-chan?"
"That gray is too dark, pick a lighter one! And cut that pose out, nobody does that anymore!!!"

It was 5:46 PM when they finally finished. They needed at least one good set that Miyuki could wear for a long time anyway. They still have 1,500 yen left from the money that Kei had.

Now if left undisturbed, the two would go home immediately and heave sighs of relief. But...

"Wait, Kei-chan, is that you? It's a genuine surprise!" A girl's voice called out.

Kei's batchmates have entered the scene!
Kei herself is pretty reserved, but being friends with Chika and Moeha meant that she's bound to interact with more social acquaintances.

Miyuki notices the commotion and recalls how sensitive Kei is to public opinion, especially if he's involved. Well... It's what got them to shop for decent clothes in the first place.

Though Miyuki is overprotective, he supposed he could give this evening to her, she deserved it.

"Go hang out with them, if you want, I'll just go ahead and help out dad." Miyuki whispers.

"Eh?" Kei eyes him.

"Just be home by dinnertime."
"S-sure." I guess I could relax for a few minutes.
"And don't eat anything before then."
"Sure..." Ah, here it comes...
"And beware of shady people who are-!"
"I know the drill already!"

Miyuki sighs, "Just... Stay safe."

"Yeah, bike safely too, I guess."

After that, they parted ways. Kei is still carrying the bag of clothes they bought while Miyuki heads straight home via bicycle. She immediately catches up to the trio of girls.

"Kei-chan! It is you! It's rare to come across you here at Shimamura alone near nighttime."

"Same here! What brings you guys here?" Kei initiates the conversation.