I Didn't Mean To, Part 3

December 17, 2016 (Saturday)

This is bad… I have to catch that tarpaulin soon, Miyuki thought, sprinting towards the 240 square foot tarpaulin in an attempt to hold onto its ropes and bring it to the ground, but the rush of students pushing him in the other direction got him swimming against a waterfall's river and is forcing more breath out of him. So he changed plans to just standing still, firm as a boulder, and looking out to make sure nobody is in danger of any falling debris.

Meanwhile, Isogai can't help but admire Miyuki's instinct and confidence, he was subconsciously reminded of himself in his earlier days and how well that turned out for him (most of the time).

But in a twisted sense of coincidence, Miyuki reminded him of Asano moreso than himself… The high status, road to perfectionism, and lone wolf style overshadowed the hints, quirks, backstory, and anything else Kei told him about. Not that they weren't true in the first place, it just feels even lonelier when putting himself in Miyuki's shoes.

This got him to decide on the ultimatum. Swallowing the building taste of rust in his mouth.

Luckily for Class 3-E, Ritsu exists. Isogai pulls out his phone as he looks toward Miyuki and the exhibit. Waiting for the crowd to thin out a bit.

“What is wrong, Isogai-kun? You seem distressed,” Ritsu greets.

“Ritsu!” Isogai exclaims, “it’s an emergency, call everyone else! Send them my location!”

“Hai!”

“Also, aside from the people, what do I need to prioritize in a kite emergency?”

“You'll need to either clear the path the kites are taking, and-or immediately bring all of them down, even the unaffected ones, to minimize collateral damage. Whichever is easier,” Ritsu explains.

“Thank you, Ritsu! Relay everything to the others, please!" Isogai orders before pocketing the phone and taking a shortcut from the rushing crowd by leaping in and out of the now-empty stalls.

-----

"It's impressive how much you've improved to be able to capture such a small moment… You really brought out the energy and personality of each and every one of us, Sugaya-kun! Ah, but please sharpen my mouth, I think I could use a more alluring flair." Korosensei comments to Sugaya as the latter was displaying his still-life landscape.

Alongside everyone's praises, Kei -with her neutral expression, gives a thumbs-up in approval. Sugaya meekly replies to it all with a timid chuckle, counting it as a milestone on his road to being a legitimate talent.

"As expected of an aspiring artist that accepts commissions," Mimura compliments, patting Sugaya on the back.

"Does your school allow it?" Kei asks.

"They don't have a rule against it… I only keep it between classmates and go by an alias when taking requests online. You can also try and give me something to work on, if you want." Sugaya offers, to which Kei politely declines but reassures that she might in the future.

"He says that and accomplishes all this, but I still haven't gotten my portrait yet… How infuriating this man is… Keeping someone like me waiting," Rio winds up a fist and pretends to make a punching bag out of him.

"YOU LITERALLY ONLY SENT ME A MUGSHOT AND THEN DEMANDED THAT I 'paint you like one of my French girls'! YOU EXPECT ME TO TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY?!" Sugaya complains.

"I was just giving you a challenge!"

"You might as well ask me to solve a college-level math word problem!"