Yugi's POV

I turned my head, horrified to see Joey and Emi standing in the doorway. "How-" Emi took a breath before continuing with a howl. "How stupid are you?"

Trying to remain calm, Yami got up, helping me up.in the way while Joey held Emi back by the shoulders. I could feel my heart tear as I looked into my own sisters eyes. "Sis, we weren't doing what you-"

"Cant you see what you're doing?" Emi interrupted. I just stared at her confused. What am I doing? "You're replacing the Pharaoh!"

I looked up to Yami, taking note of his features. He really is just like Atemu the closure you look but I guess there is a difference. The pharaoh is gone. "But why cant I just enjoy this time?" I felt a tear sneak down my cheek.

Joey sighed, moving from my sister and hugging me from behind. "We're sorry Yug'," He whispered. "We didn't notice how unhappy you were."

Yami looked puzzled, trying to think of what to do. "I-I should leave," Joey nodded at his statement. "Yugi, I'm sorry. I think when you're ready, perhaps we should have a deeper talk of what's happened."

I turned away from him, unable to look him in the eyes. He heard him sigh and after a few moments it was clear he was gone. Joey sat with me on the sofa as Emi went to the kitchen. The sound of the kettle boiling and cups clanging against the worktop filled the air as my mind ran through what I was doing. I was using Yami to replace the Pharaoh.

Looking back, there wasn't any real emotional connection past how he resembled the Pharaoh. I sighed putting my head kn my hands. How did I not notice it before?

My ears peaked up hearing the sound of the cups placed on the table in front of us. "Big brother," Emi sighed, kneeling on front of me. "We are sorry none of us realised how you were feeling. Though, we didn't think you would just allow a stranger into your life so quick."

"I was feeling lonely," I answered honestly. "And he was just there. I guess."

"Bud, just because he looks like Atem, doesn't mean he is," Joey tried to explain. Seto has been making Emi work hard to find the truth out about this guy before we thought about letting you meet."

I looked my sister in the eyes. "Is that true?" She nodded. "So, you where going to let us meet?" 

"Eh, only once I spoke to Ishizu about the possibility of him being connected to Egypt," Emi sighed. "I don't want him turning out to be a villain. Last thing I want is for you to have to save the world again." 

I feel awful.  I should have let Emi and Joey tell me the plan instead of jumping the gun. I wonder what Yami thinks of me? He must be thinking who this 'Pharaoh' is? "T-think it would be best if I apologised to Yami?" I asked , feeling the breath leave me as the urge to cry became strong. 

"Once we have a bit more information, I think that's a good idea," Emi nodded. "Let me message him for now saying you guys need space to allow time to think." I stared at her and she blushed. "And I'll apologise for blowing up in front of you guys too." 

I cracked a small smile. Maybe Yami and I can start again, from square one once this whole mess is sorted?