Joey's POV

13 hours! I've been stuck on a plane for 13 hours. Private jets are nice and all but I tell ya, my back is killing me still. I tried to sleep but a certain someone had a case of grabby hands. 

"Pup, puppy," I snapped out my thoughts, looking up to my dark haired boyfriend. Still weird to this Kai-Seto and I are actually a couple. A functional one at that. "You keep spacing out. You okay?" 

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I'll admit, I've been trying to contact Yugi for the pass week. Once we knew Emi was home safely, she did talk about how Yugi's behaviour had returned to normal and his mood was better but he seemed to start looking at his phone a lot. Yugi wasn't the type to always be on his phone. Not even mobile gaming did that to him. Also despite knowing his was on his phone more - HE STILL DIDN'T ANSWER ANY OF MY TEXTS! I'm his best friend so why is he ghosting me? I opened my mouth to respond only to be interrupted by the sound of Emi's voice calling us over. "Taxi for the love birds," I heard her laugh and it made me blush deeply. She ran over to us a smile of relief on her face. "Enjoy you vacatoin sir?" 

Looks like she's in employee mode. "Yes," Seto nodded and we followed Emi to the car. "Tell me, did you do what I asked?" 

Emi sighed, grabbing my suitcase from me and placing it in the boot. "I did indeed," She groaned. "But that added more work and you were lucky you left me a company credit card." 

"When can I expect their arrival?" Seto asked and I'm confused. Whose are they talking about?" 

"I've arranged the transportation for Friday," Emi explained opening the door, Seto and I stepping and then Emi following sitting opposite us. "Sunday morning I've arranged for them to visit the office and when you get back tomorrow, I've complied the report you've asked for." 

"I knew I hired you for a reason," Seto gave that evil smirk that sent shivers down my spine. I thought you hired her because it was a chance to get closer to duelling Yugi again but you believe what you want sweetheart. "That was good work, I must say."

"I expect a hot chocolate and a chocolate chip muffin on Monday," Emi laughed making Seto laugh as well. Such a weird relationship these guys have developed. The laughter died down and Emi sighed again, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "You know, after you started to accept your ancient past, i didn't think things could get stranger then this happened." 

I looked between the two of them. "Could someone tell me what's going on?" I asked. 

"Oh yes, i should explain," Seto threw his arm around me, as if trying to comfort me. "I've asked Emi to arrange a meeting with the Ishtars and get a back ground check on that Yami we ran into." I looked over at Emi who gave a salute. Weird how she does that. "It bugs me as Yugi has mentioned having dreams himself. I want to investigate into this a bit more. Imagine if this Yami, really is Atemu, then where would we go from there." 

I thought for a moment. Me, Seto and even Yugi, all having dreams of our past lives. Emi is connected to her past self well to, she's never mentioned dreams though. Heck, I've heard even grandpa has had a couple of dreams but i got to say, it upsets me thinking Yugi never told me this. 

The rest of the ride was silent, other then Emi's PDA going off ever now and then before we reached the game shop. I turned to Seto, getting a small peak on the lips before Emi and I head upstairs. We got to the front door of the apartment area and as I took off my shoes i noticed something. "Hey Emi," I pointed to the item. "Whose shoes are these? Isn't grandpa still on an expedition?" 

Emi's eyes widened. I managed to dodge as she threw her shoes off and stomped into the living room. "What are you doing here?" I heard her scream in the living room. 

I panicked, running in behind her and stared at the scene before me. "Yug? Why is Yami on top of you?"