thirty seven

turdy sephven

unedited but plz enjoy xxx

! Kim
"That was badass" Rafe said as I climbed into the car. I grinned despite the fear that coursed throughout my system.

"What can I say ?" I shrugged it off.

"So uh.. Kim , you wanna tell us why your psycho ex just murdered the sheriff huh ?" Cole asked from the front seat.

I looked over at Sarah , who was still pretty shaken up. She nodded at me as if she was okay with me telling her brother.

"Well.. Ive got good news and bad news my fellow friends which do you wanna hear first ?"

"Good news" Rafe said nodding his head.

"We found $400,000,000." I said

The boys jaws dropped to the floor , followed shortly by a freak-out , like two little boys who had just been locked in a candy shop overnight. . I waited patiently for them to get all of it it of their system.  When it was clear they weren't stopping I coughed loudly.

"Right- right sorry , the bad news" Rafe gestured for me to go on.

"Your dad stole it" I said blandly.

His face dropped and confusion became evident on his features. "Wait - is that why-"

"Dad was taking me to the bahamas ? Yes" Sarah jumped in.

"Oh shit." He said dragging out the syllables. "Sar I-"

"Its okay" She smiled softly. "I'd probably be as pissed off as you too"

It warmed my heart that the two siblings were having a moment , they hadn't spoken in so long.

"But uh- anyway then Adrian got back to town.. and my guess is that him and your father have teamed up" I said after a second

Then Cole's face fell. I knew about Adrian and the power and influence he once held over Cole .. it was partially the reason he had started taking drugs and lashing out.

"So... I feel like there's stuff to unpack here" Rafe said quietly.

I gulped. "Well uh ... I um-" I began but Cole jumped in.

"I'll tell them" He said keeping his eyes on the road. "A couple of years ago Adrian came to me telling me that he had a plan , at the time he was my best friend-"

I scoffed. "Best friend who constantly blackmailed you and got you hooked on drugs"

"- and he was Kim's boyfriend" He said earning a gasp from Sarah and Rafe. "So , of course , I wanted in on whatever his mischievous plan was but after he told me... well uh - murder wasn't really my thing and-"

"wait wait wait murder ?" Rafe said

"We'll get to it in a second." I said completely stone faced as my two friends stared in shock.

"Adrian and his parents never got along , his dad would hit him and his mom would just stand there taunting him , but they were loaded and if Adrian left it meant no more money for him. But there's only so much a person can take and one day he just snapped." He spoke , coughing nervously every few minutes and avoiding eye contact , so I jumped in.

"And one day we were at home and Adrian comes storming into my house , shortly after he found out everything my parents and his parents had was fake , they were frauds , he was livid , throwing things and pacing around and an angry vein even popping out in his neck. And he turned and told us 'I'm gonna kill them' , of course we thought it was in the heat of the moment and stuff but he started going into vivid detail on how he would murder his parents.
But he needed to survive so we had to be there-" I recounted