thirty five

! Kim (UNEDITED)

If you had told me at the start summer that I would be sitting in the middle of a tent , surrounded by the Walmart version of the FBI , with JJ , my boyfriend , holding my hands and nervously playing with my fingers I probably would have laughed into your face. But here I am. My face was ruined with streaks of mascara cascading down my cheeks , my eyes were probably bloodshot and bruises littered most of my body.

"Hey , we'll find them" my father smiled weakly at me.

"Yeah" I mumbled , numb and devoid of any emotion.

I sipped some of the hot tea that was put in front of me and sighed deeply.

"Hey we have to stay positive right now" Kie said , her voice cracked as she spoke so her message didn't exactly uplift our spirits.

It was that moment that Shoupe walked in , two other deputies behind him , my head snapped upwards.

"Any news ?"

---

"Jesus Christ" John B mumbled as he got out of the car wobbling.

JJ took a more dramatic approach and laid on the ground kissing the grass. I rolled my eyes and kicked my shoe at him.

"Don't be so melodramatic" I sighed

"I agree with JJ , we are never letting you drive again Kim" Pope said wobbling as he got out.

"Guys !" Kie called. "Get over here." She said beckoning us.

"They're loading up the gold" John B said looking through binoculars. "There's Ward" He said slight hatred lacing his voice , I can't say I blamed him though , if it was my father he killed , I'd have driven the minivan over him already.

All of a sudden his shoulders slumped.

"What ?" JJ asked

"Its Sarah isn't it ?" I asked sadly. He nodded. I sighed and chewed nervously on my lip.

"She's with him ?" Kie asked in disbelief , their friendship had just rekindled and she betrayed her , I gave her a sympathetic look at I put an arm around her pulling her in.

"I knew it" JJ sighed ."I knew it all along , I told you guys koo-"

"Wait a minute" John B interrupted. "He's hurting her"

"What ?" I asked , hope filling through me. I hated hope , it was such an awful feeling , you didn't know if you were going to be right and if you weren't , your filled with a crushing disappointment. Nonetheless I grabbed the binoculars and looked out , I saw Ward holding Sarah's wrists and forcing her onto the plane , while others scrambled about struggling to load crates into the back of the plane.

"Get in the car" I said sharply.

Nobody questioned me as the authority dripped from my voice , they all climbed into the back of the minivan as John B got into the drivers seat and I sat next to him

"Hey" I said softly as he held the wheel so tightly his knuckles were white. "It's going to be fine JB" I said , he nodded and looked at me in the eyes.

"I know it is" He said with a small smile. "You , me and the rest of those losers can do anything" He said and I laughed before he sped through the wired gates at full speed.

I was waiting for him to stop but he didn't , I realized why when I saw Ward put the plane in gear and begin to take off , he obviously saw us coming.

"JB" I said as we weren't slowing down , in fact we were going faster. "JB" I repeated as we showed no signs of stopping despite the deadly plane speeding towards us. "John B !" I shouted before he pressed on the brakes and we skidded to a halt , the plane was still moving , closer and closer until it just stopped , the nose of it touching our windshield.