twenty nine

! Kim

My head was spinning , I prayed that Adrian had nothing to do with it , the guy was a dick but he didn't deserve to be killed , he was young and had a family.

"Dead ?" I asked , my voice was quiet. "How ?"

"Car crash" He answered. "Did you go and see him today ?" He asked , when I didn't answer he sighed deeply and ran a hand through his hair.

I could see JJ and John B looking at us , clearly concerned.

"Look can we talk about this later - I've gotta go" I said.

"What ? No , Kim this is serious"

"I know ! I'll be home later okay !" I yelled climbing into the van without another word to anyone.

I knew Cole was actually right here but I couldn't go home and spend my time hopelessly worrying . I had to go and get my mind off of murderers and rapists for the night. I sighed deeply and hit my head against the window.

"Everything okay ?" JJ asked climbing in and sitting next to me. I hadn't even noticed there was tears in my eyes until I wiped them away so he couldn't see.

"Logan's dead" I answered simply.

Shock took over his features. "How ?" He asked

I pursed my lips. I had a feeling he was going to find out what I was keeping from him sooner or later but I physically couldn't bring myself to tell him. The feeling of guilt that had began to weigh in my stomach grew even larger. I rested my head against the window.

"A car crash" I answered quietly.

He hugged me tightly , I leaned my head against his chest inhaling the calming smell of him. "Are you okay ?" He asked into my hair kissing the top of my head afterwards.

"I'm not sure how I should feel" I mumbled honestly, he pulled back and looked at me.

"Y'know.. it's okay if you don't feel bad" He said after a minute. "The guy did seriously messed up shit to you"

"I know but I do feel bad.. I just feel- I uh.. guilty ?" I said.

He looked as if he was going to ask more questions but the rest of the Pogues climbed into the Twinkie. I smiled weakly at him to let him know I was okay for now.

The drive was quiet , or at least I was quiet. I looked out the window as my friends jumped excitedly around. I was trying desperately to figure out what motive Adrian would have for killing Logan. I knew it had to be him , there was no way it wasn't him. I struggled to focus for the entire journey - thoughts about Logan and what he had done to me ran through my head. I hadnt even realised my legs were shaking until JJ put a hand on them to steady them. I was scared , like very scared. Adrian returning and poking his nose into my business was the last thing I needed - I was worried for Jay and I was worried about the rest of the pogues. Him killing Adrian was a warning to not only Liv but to me as well, he basically still owned me and this town. Anyone who did something he didn't like was immediately taken care of.

Eventually we pulled up near the familiar stone wall. John B stopped and turned around to us.

"You got the rope ?" He asked , Pope held it high.

"Got it" He beamed

"Grappling hook ?" He asked

His bright smile quickly turned into a frown. "No grappling hook"

"We're not batman" Kie scoffed defending him , John B sighed sadly.

"Pulley ?" He asked less enthusiastically