[NINETEEN] bigger than a bird

CHAPTER NINETEEN // BIGGER THAN A BIRD
"NO MATTER HOW MUCH SHE MEANS TO
DAD THAT BITCH IS NOT MY FAMILY."

ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ

After what felt like hours in the small office, Jade was finally able to pick the lock of the door that led to the alley on the side of the pharmacy. "Oh, thank God. I was about to cut my ears off." She whispered as she pulled the door open. Grabbing her bag off the ground, Jade pulled it over her shoulder, her wrench wielded tightly in her hand as she walked out.

The alley was empty, aside from overgrown weeds and trash scattered about the ground. She could hear Glenn's soft footsteps walking behind her as they rounded the corner, squeezing through the fencing as they made it to the front.

With a sigh she stopped right before the window started, bringing up her fist and banging on the glass. "Can you two hurry up? We're ready to go." Jade shouted, looking to Glenn, careful not to look through the glass. "The poor horses had to witness it all."

Glenn chuckled at the girls comment as Nick exited the building first, messing with his belt, shortly followed by Maggie who was still pulling her shirt down.

"You two making Theodora a sibling?" Jade quipped, smiling over at the two as the moved toward the horses.

"Oh, yeah, like you've got room to talk. There's a hickey on your neck." Nick joked, pointing to his own neck, mirroring where the spot was.

Her hand quickly moved too her neck, glaring over at Glenn before smacking him with her other hand. "Asshole." She muttered, noticing the red rising to Glenn's cheek. She took her hair out of her ponytail, letting it cascade onto her shoulders, hopefully covering the slightly red mark. "I'm getting you back for that."

Glenn's eyes widened as Jade moved towards the horse, climbing up. The Korean rubbed the back of his neck before taking her hand and climbing onto the horse, sat behind Jade. "Please don't push me off, Liz." He whispered to her, clutching onto her waist.

"Nah, I'll get you when you're least expecting it." She mumbled back, flicking the reigns as the horse moved.

"Can we not speak of what happened when we get to the farm? Especially to my father." Maggie said, glancing between Glenn, Jade, and Nick. "I do not need him knowing."

"Yeah, of course." Glenn said with a nod.

"Definitely. Don't need him beating my ass." Nick said with a laugh.

"I mean, I won't say anything. If, and only if, we do not speak what is residing on my neck." Jade spoke, jamming her elbow into Glenn as she finished her sentence.

Maggie laughed, having noticed the girl's motion. "Mhmm. So what happens at the pharmacy, stays in the pharmacy." The brunette said with a laugh as they approached the field.

They each moved off their horses, putting them in the stalls before moving back to the main area of the farm. Glenn and Jade each moved towards the RV, speaking to Dale who was stood on the roof of the vehicle as lookout, while Nick got stopped by Lori.

"Did you guys get what you needed? Everything went okay?" Dale asked, looking down at Jade and Glenn.

"Yeah, everything went great." The girl replied, glancing over at Glenn before walking away.

"You be careful with her." Dale commented, looking away from the Korean and towards the tree line.

"I'm sorry?" Glenn questioned, clearing his throat.