[FORTY-FIVE] road of misery

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE// ROAD OF MISERY
"..AND HERSHEL
MINUS A LEG."

ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ
T.W. - MENTION OF R*PE/S.A. PLEASE BE ADVISED 
Liz was ducked behind a dumpster beside some kind of fighting arena. It was filled with citizens of Woodbury, and right in the middle of it all was Merle and Daryl fighting walkers for the entertainment of those around them. It was disgusting. These people were amused and smiling as they watched the two brothers fight for their lives. 

She aligned her weapon with the path of a walker, waiting for Rick's signal to fire. Rick studied the scene closely, holding one of his hands out before balling it into a fist. One of the Governor's lieutenants went to push another walker closer to Daryl and Elizabeth fired her first round, nailing the rotter right above the ear. 

Screams and cries of help sounded as Liz shot the remaining walkers before moving to shoot at the few soldiers for the Governor she had a clear shot for. She ducked as Rick threw a smoke bomb, the yelling and shouts growing louder from behind them.

Moving back up, she fired again, taking out a few soldiers she recognized. "I don't see the Governor!" Liz shouted as she leaned closer to Rick, assuring he's be able to hear her over the gunfire. 

"Killing him is not the plan right now, we need to get Daryl." Rick told as he shot out the stadium lights.

"If I have the chance, I'm taking it Rick. You don't know what he did to me in there." She explained. 

Rick moved back, temporarily ceasing fire as he looked at his friend. "I'm sorry about what has happened to you.. Liz. I am, and I will help you get revenge, I swear on my life. But not now. Understand?" 

Liz nodded shortly before following Rick into a more secluded place to wait for Daryl, and technically Merle. They ducked down, allowing the citizens of the dreadful place to flee past them before Liz finally spotted the familiar leather vest. "There. Daryl! Come on!" Liz exclaimed, waving her hand at the man before the now group of four took off in a sprint towards the exit.

She stayed behind Merle as she ran, not trusting the man even more then when she had originally knew him. Rick led the group, and Daryl stayed directly behind Liz, holding up the back of the group once Rick returned his crossbow to him.

"They're all near the arena. This way." Merle told, pointing his only remaining hand to the right.

"You're not going anywhere with us." Rick spat as he looked back at the older Dixon. 

Merle shortly laughed as he moved towards the gate with a roll of his eyes. "You really want to do this now?" 

"I second his notion." 

ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ

"Glenn!" Rick called out from where he was walking beside Liz, still pretty deep into the forest. 

They were quite a few steps ahead of where Merle and Daryl were walking, wanting to make sure there was distance between Michonne, Glenn and Merle. "Rick? Rick!" Glenn shouted back as he and Michonne made their way through the trees, spotting Rick and Liz walking side by side. 

Glenn rushed forward, pulling Elizabeth into a tight hug. She flinched, slightly, from the sudden movement before wrapping her arms around his abdomen. "Don't be mad. Stay calm, both of you."

Just as Liz finished speaking both Glenn and Michonne's gaze settled onto Merle. Michonne quickly unsheathed her katana and Glenn pulled his pistol out from the waistband of his jeans.