5

𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦

𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦

i woke up out my sleep and looked at nevaeh laying beside me, "you okay??" i asked her and she nodded.

her face was tear stained and she had a swollen jaw,"open your mouth..." i said but when she tried to tears rolled down her face.

"i'm so sorry..." i mumbled and she didn't say anything.

he started banging on the door making both of us jump,"yall better be sleep!!" i looked at her and we both quickly laid down.

i heard the door open and my heart slipped a beat,"nevaeh...get up." he said and i slightly opened my eyes.

"mmm mmm-" she said pushing him away.

i started moving around,"journey!!" she finally yelled and i jumped up.

"what-"

"stay in here i'm finna take her somewhere." he said making me sit up.

"where?"

"somewhere-"

"and where is somewhere her whole jaw is swollen and it hurts for her to even talk-" i felt something cold hit my face, i held my jaw as nevaeh screamed trying to get out his arms.

i looked in the gun in his hand,"like i said.." he walked up close and held the gun to my temple.

i heard it make a click sound making me shut my eyes and-

i jumped up out of my sleep and tried not to breathe hard, i looked over and adaliya was passed out.

i opened the night drawer stand on my side and grabbed a blunt and a light.

i threw on a shirt and some sweats before sneaking out the room downstairs.

i went through the kitchen to get to the back door, i sighed as the cool wind hit my skin.

i lit the blunt and took a long puff, i closed my eyes as i blew out the smoke.

a tear rolled down my face which i quickly wiped, those years with my dad was pure hell and i'll never know why he did it....

i wake up out a coma then next thing i know i'm at home being abused with nevaeh no way out...

to him disappearing with her and he never came back with her, i cried for weeks she may have annoyed me but that lil girl was helping me keep going.

after her it was still hoping to see adaliya, which finally came true.

i heard the door open making me look back,"i- let me get a puff." acadia said and i let out a laugh.

"lil girl gone." i said.

"pleaseeeee i've never smoked before and i'm scared to ask mama." she said.