19

𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦

the bedroom door opened making me sit up,"who the hell-" i looked harder and saw acadia.

i looked at my phone and it was 3:45am,"what's wrong?" i mumbled rubbing my eyes.

she didn't say anything but sat on the bed beside me.

when we came back we immediately went to the hospital, iniko suffered from some blood lost but made it through.

sahari had a few bruises nun too bad, acadia had bruises and a bone fracture in her wrist.

"nightmares?" i asked and she nodded her head.

"wanna talk about it??" i asked.

"umm...i'm sorry.." she mumbled and i could hear her starting to cry.

"c'mere you don't gotta apologize, it's okay." i said pulling her into a hug.

"j-just i don't know, i don't even wanna tell
malia i don't wand her to look at me differently...i'm just scared and- he didn't use protection.." she said as she started sobbing on my shoulder.

i rubbed her back and let out a sigh, i'm glad i made him have a long painful death.

"hey look you don't gotta tell malia right now and when you do, if she looks at you differently then that's her problem not yours. you couldn't control all that happened." i said as she started calming down.

she just nodded her head,"how's therapy been going??" i asked her and she thought for a second.

"it's been good...my therapist is actually really understanding and helps so..." she said and shrugged.

"then that's good, you want anything else?" i asked her and she shook her head no.

"okay-"

"wait actually can we smoke?"

"you damn pothead.." i said shaking my head.

••••

"okay here damn." i mumbled handing sahari my bacon.

"greedy ass..." acadia mumbled as sahari ate my bacon.

"leave her alone." i said standing up, i grabbed empty plates on the table and put them in the sink.

"what you doing today??" i asked acadia.

"probably go over aunt mariah's then papa house." she said standing up and cleaned off sahari's face.

"ight- wait your mama still asleep?" acadia nodded her head.

i went upstairs and knocked on adaliya door,"this nigga..." i mumbled slowly opening  the door.