15

𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦

𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦

"you got one mo time to move." i said to sahari as she kept moving around.

she pointed at the tv and i saw the show paused, i clicked continue watching.

she focused on the tv as i put beads on the end of her braids,"your ready to go home?" i asked her and she nodded while i fixed her edges.

"this gonna have to be good enough..." i mumbled throwing the gel in her bag.

"mama said she on the way." acadia said coming in my room and i nodded.

"ouuu sahari you look pretty." she said to her making sahari push her head out the way to watch tv.

i laughed as i went to the bathroom and washed my hands.

i looked back in the room and saw acadia walk out with sahari behind her.

i grabbed my antidepressants and put two in my mouth before swallowing them.

i looked in the mirror and put my hair up in a ponytail.

i walked back in the room and grabbed my keys.

"i don't wanna go homeeeee." acadia said hanging onto me.

"girl- get the hell off me you'll be okay." i said and she mugged me.

"that was so rude that's why imma come back tonight." she said.

"you won't be able to, y'all been with me for almost a whole week and i know you miss yo mama." i said and she stood there for a second.

"i mean you right- i think y'all should get back together." she said.

"i-" the doorbell ring cutting me off.

i opened the door revealing adaliya who was wearing a sundress and her hair was in a bun.

"hey mommyyyy." acadia said hugging her.

"hey you ready to go?" adaliya asked her and she nodded.

"i gotta get my bag and sahari's i'll be back." she said walking away.

i heard sahari running until she made it to the door,"heyyy baby." acadia said picking her up making her smile.

"mama look." sahari said and pointed to the band-aid on her knee.

"how'd you get that?" adaliya asked and sahari pointed at me.

"i- nigga." i said confused why she pointing at me.

"what you do to my baby."  adaliya asked and i mugged her.

"tell her to not be jumping off porches then she won't be getting hurt." i said as acadia came back downstairs.

"i got it." adaliya put sahari down and grabbed some of the bags from acadia and they went to her car.

i walked outside and sahari stood in the doorway.