George King

Alex's POV
"And what are you going to do about it?" Thomas Jefferson said in his smug tone. This idiot has been bulling him for too long, it's time to change that. I had to act fast. I punched him in the jaw, gasps coming from his two minions behind.
Holding his obviously broken nose, he pointed at John. Before they could retaliate, I grabbed John's hand and ran, dragging him along behind me.

"A-Alex?" His small, shaky voice asked. He was so adorable when he was nervous, which was all the time. Damn, I had fallen for him hard, and I had only known him for a day.
"Yeah?"
"T-thank you...."
"No problem, you are worth it. You don't deserve any of it. I'm going to protect you if it's the last thing I do. Now, let's get to class."
Luckily, our first class was dad- I mean George- I mean Mr Washington, so we wouldn't get in trouble if we were late.
"Hello boys, take your seats and we'll begin,"
I sat next to John, no surprise there. We were at the back of class and John had his head down again, visibly shaking. The amount of times I have seen him with his head down is concerning.
"John?" I whispered, I may be a badass but I'm not an anarchist (please tell me you know where this is from), "what's wrong?" He continued shaking and pointed to a boy a few rows ahead of us. He pointed to a boy with grey hair, dressed in maroon and wearing a crown. I wonder why he is wearing a crown, does he think that he's royalty or something?
"H-his name is George King....." John whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear.
Why did that name ring a bell? I'll ask about him later. John was clearly terrified, and he was my main priority now.
"What about him?"
"H-he and his g-gang of bullies, t-they......." He didn't finish the rest of his sentence, but I knew what he was going to say. Why does everyone in this school bully someone as perfect as him? He hasn't done anything wrong, as far as I'm aware of. This school has really broken John, and the teachers did nothing about it. This boy, who was so talented and selfless, had been emotionally abused and beaten. I was going to change that.
"John, it's ok," I wrapped my arm protectively around his shoulder, "don't forget, I'm here now. They aren't going to hurt you anymore. If they do, then I'll do to them what I did to Jeffershit!"
I heard him chuckle quietly, his laugh like delicate bells on a sleigh. This was the first time I had heard him laugh and it was beautiful. It made me stomach flutter and my heart ache. This boy had me helpless. I knew I needed to make him laugh again, but now is not the time to start planning.
"Uh, Alex?" A slightly southern voice pulled me out of my thoughts.
"Sorry, zoned out for a minute,"