Henry Laurens

(It wouldn't be a Lams story without the idiot!)
John's POV
(Warning: abuse, violence, Homophobic slurs)
Faster than anyone wanted or needed, the last bell rung. Now, most people wanted to run home and do whatever they do. Play video games, look at dumb memes about the founding fathers or stay on the phone with their best friend for 4 hours (Shadowberri_13). But I'm not most people. My life at home...... wasn't the most fun. My dad was not a good man. Don't get me wrong, I love my father, he's my dad at the end of the day. But I doubt the feeling is mutual. When Mum was alive, he was nice. He would read us stories, play catch and all the normal dad stuff. It was a paradise that I was grateful for. But like most good things, it didn't last long. After she left us for a better place, Dad started going downhill. He stayed out all night at various bars and clubs. I would wake up and find random women passed out on the sofa (couch for you Americans). The house smells like alcohol and cheap perfume, like one of the trees you hang from the rear view. (She screams "who's with you in there Julio?). Then, it got more physical. At first, he reserved the slaps and punches for when I messed up. When I failed a test, or got detention. It was rare, and wasn't that bad. But then it got more often, every day. Sometimes, twice a day if I was late from school. You could never tell, though. To everyone else, he was the perfect dad. Rich, caring, giving me everything I wanted. It was all an act. An act which would keep me in my place and lock me in a inescapable prison.

"Do you want to come back to mine again?"
"I should probably g-go home, Hen-Dad will be worried," I said, dreading what I knew was inevitable.
"Only if you're sure, George and Martha don't mind,"
"I'll be fine, see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah, see ya!" I quickly packed up my school stuff and ran, it would be worse if I was late.

"Boy! Where the hell were you last night?!?!"
"U-uh, sir, I c-can explain..."
"No! You listen to me, faggot!" Slap, "When I tell you to come home, you come home! You hear me?!?"
"Y-Yes sir....." my voice was barely audible.
"Speak louder! I did not raise a weakling!"
He had his hand against my throat in death grip. Looking at the floor, tears rushed to my eyes, threatening to jump out. I was pushed into a wall, Henry still having hold of my neck. I braced myself for the pain, for the punches, for the glass. But they never came.
"John- Let go of him you monster!" The voice was familiar. My back touched the floor and I crumpled onto the floor. Voices shouted from different directions and a comforting pair of arms pulled me into a tight embrace.
"Oh John.... it's ok.... I'm here..." a comforting voice cooed softly in my ear. Some of what was being hit my ears.
"How could you?!? YOUR OWN SON, HENRY!!!!!!"
"G-George, calm down-"
"Is this about Eleanor?! Jesus Christ, Henry! You have invented a new kind of stupid!!"
"GEORGE! Can you shut it for a second?! All this shouting is upsetting John!" They finally looked at me, sobbing quietly in a corner, Alex's arms still wrapped around me in a tight hug.
"I'm sorry son, do you want to bring him to the car so me and Henry can finish our conversation?"
I could barely see him nodding. Alex picked me up in a bridal style and carried me to the car, still sobbing into his already soggy shirt.
"No! No son of mine will go with a faggot like him!"
"Then maybe he's not your son anymore! He doesn't deserve such a stupid, idiotic dad!"