Chapter 6: Threat

REKI'S POINT OF VIEW

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 was just gnarly from the get-go! My board got thrown out, I almost had to go against shadow—Raiko almost got taken by him, and on top of that; Langa—he's a complete amateur, yet he decided to go and do a beef with Shadow? That's completely impossible, for a beginner like him.

But cherry told us that he used to snowboard, why didn't he tell us those beforehand? "Reki!" my thoughts were interrupted by Raiko, I'm also worried about this one last night but I got startled when I saw her strange side while talking to shadow—how she glare at him and how her words stung.

It was a new sight for me, after all of those years that we've been friends--I've never seen her like that before.

"Do you perhaps know this number?" she said as she showed me her phone and then S saw a text message from an unknown number.

"Stay away from the S with your crew, or else your serene existence will be ruined."

That's what the text shows, I frowned at it and looked at her. Why would someone forbid her from going to the S? I mean, I am also worried about her when she first come to the S, but it seems like she can carry herself and be an independent lady, right?

"I don't know, did you replied to them? Or called?" I asked her, she bit her bottom lip and let out a heavy sigh.

"I called them a while ago, but it was just a sound of air. And then when I was about to ask them—they spoke. He's a male and what he said was inaudible and hey, he was breathing so deep, he mumbled something like 'don't go back there.' And then the call dropped." she worriedly answered.

Why would someone do that? As far as I can remember, she didn't do anything wrong last night except for—oh.

"Maybe it's shadow?" I asked her once again as she flinched.

"Oh–I forgot about what I did last night to him." she shrieked and tried to stop herself from laughing. She really needs to stop being so reckless, the same with langa. They're too stubborn, I'm scared to lose them.

ARGHHH THIS IS STRESSFUL! I just wanted to show them how beautiful and inspiring S is!

I sighed and chuckled, and when I'm about to speak, Langa suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"What's going on?" he asked, and linked his shoulder to Raiko and me. He looks more relaxed now than last night, he was so amazing. Our jaw literally dropped on how smooth he skate, how fast he is. I've never seen skating like that!

"I think it's Shadow, let's go to his flower shop." I stated.

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

They're now at the flower shop of shadow, they saw him without his usual make up and looked decent while arranging the flowers as he smiled broadly while whistling. "Oh! So that's what he actually look like.." Raiko mumbled, emphasizing the word "actually".

Reki giggled, "Yes, he's a total different guy without his persona!" he answered.

"Hey, Shadow!" Reki called him and smiled. His worriedness are slowly fading away as he turned his eyes to the two person who's currently checking out the flowers.

As they stepped inside, the air is heavy with the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers. It's as if they've entered a secret garden, where every petal and leaf is meticulously arranged to tell a story.

The shop is a symphony of colors, with each bouquet a masterpiece in its own right. The flowers are like dancers, gracefully twirling and swaying in the gentle breeze that wafts through the space.

"Pretty.." Raiko whispered.

Shadow turned to them and covered his mouth with his hand, "Don't call me that while we're not at the right place!!" he half-yelled whisper making the red haired boy chuckled.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked, Reki tapped his shoulder and arched a brow.

"Say, are you the one who's threatening Raiko?" he sternly asked shadow.

shadow tilted his head and scrunched his nose, "What? Why would I threaten that girl? Even though she was scary last night, I wouldn't threaten a girl." he asked and laid down the flower he was holding and leaned on the table while crossing his arms.

"Eh? so this wasn't you then?" raiko exclaimed when she heard him and approach them while holding out her phone.

"Stay away from the S with your crew, or else your serene existence will be ruined." he read it loudly, making Langa tilt his head.

"You received that too?" Langa asked her while taking out his phone as he showed them the message he also got.

Reki pouted, "I didn't get that message! Why am I the only one who didn't get that message?!" he whined and dialed the number using Langa's phone.

Fortunately, the unknown owner of the number answered immediately. "I know you're with your friends, and I am begging you not to go to the S ever again, please." the voice on the other line said, when Reki was about to speak the call dropped. It was like he's running out of breath, shaking and scared.

The four of them gasped and exchanged look, Raiko's eyes are too evident—indicating she's getting a bit scared because she didn't even gave her number to anyone. Langa's aqua eyes is also stunned, why are they forbidding them to go to the S?

"Who was that.." Langa asked, eyes widen.

"Don't mind, everyone! It must be someone who's jealous of Langa and Raiko since they got trending on twitter last night." Shadow tried to lighten up the mood.

The three of them tilted their head, "What do you mean?" asked by Raiko. "Well, you three has been labeled as the holy trinity. Reki as the great board maker, Langa as Snow and Raiko as Villainess!" he sassed, flipping his non existent long hair.

They laughed because of what he said, and Shadow smiled at them, "Hey, uh.. Do you now.. Consider me as your friend?" he asked.

"We consider you as our father." Langa deadpanned, making Reki and Raiko snicker.

"Pft, of course. We consider you as our friend, even though you were so annoying last night." Raiko admitted.

"Also, our lives from that night until today is different. Right?" Reki added.

"Yay! Friends!" Shadow excitedly announced as he pulled the kids to form a group hug.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello again, everyone! How's your holiday? I hope you're all doing great. 💞

I just got back home from the beach, and I'm thinking of a beach chapter for this story too! What do y'all think? Let me know. 🥰

Happy New Year to all!