Chapter 12: He's Taken?!

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐈-𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘. She went out wearing a white long-sleeve blouse layered with grey sweater vest; tucked in on a black trouser and wore her black loafers.

Her long, straight raven hair cascaded down her back in soft waves, framing her delicate-shaped face. She wore a pair of simple gold earrings and a elegant gold necklace that rested just above her collarbone. Her makeup was minimal, with a touch of mascara on her lashes and a subtle pink blush on her cheeks.

As she stepped outside, she felt the crisp autumn air brush against her skin, sending shivers down her spine. She pulled her sweater vest a bit tighter around herself and wrapped her arms around her body, trying to ward off the chill. The leaves on the trees rustled in the wind, painting a picturesque scene before her eyes.

"Shoot, keys." Raiko rushed back to her house and took her car key and went to the garage, and stared at the car her mother just gave her. She got her phone and called her mother. She felt very grateful—yet she also felt bad because she has been spoiling her nowadays.

"Yes yes, hello my baby?" her mom answered the phone with a lively tone. "Can you bring this car back t—" the raven haired girl was interrupted by a sudden whine coming from her mother.

"No! I told you to not complain about me spoiling you with my love?!" her mom on the other line protested.

Raiko remained quiet for a bit before answering, "Mother, I know you love me so much—but isn't this too much?" she asked.

"My baby, I just want you to be happy~ " her mom responsed and smiled.

"Besides, that car won't be a waste since you're going to Tokyo soon to meet your beautiful Mother—which is me!" she added.

Raiko didn't answer for a second, and took a sigh. "Okay. Thank you then, Mother. I'll call you again soon." she softly said through her phone.

On the other line, her mom smiled and held the phone as if she wanted to hug her precious daughter so bad. Mother knew how traumatized Raiko was when her father was still alive, she can't do anything since Mr. Suzuki (Raiko's father) threatened her to kill their daughter once she interfere.

She have always wanted to give raiko a motherly love and care when her husband died—but the girl was stubborn. Saying she can handle herself alone, but knowing her, Mrs. Suzuki still insisted to guide her even if just a little bit—and Raiko agreed because she had no choice, it's her mother we're talking about.

Mrs. Suzuki's marriage to Mr. Suzuki was arranged when she was only 16 years old, a relatively young age. At the time of their wedding, Mr. Suzuki was 20 years old, which raised some concerns given the significant age difference between the couple.

Joe was the first person to help her to get a job, even if it's not regular. He knew Mrs. Suzuki since she always wants to talk to him to ask about her daughter's situation. They are distant relatives.

The call has ended and she got on her car. She observed the inside of it and saw an envelope, she opened it and saw her license and her documents. She smiled, "She really never miss." she mumbled.

It was a Honda NSX, a 2016 model, it's pristine white coating reflecting the sun rays like a mirror. This car was more than just a machine; it was a work of art, a masterpiece that embodied the essence of Okinawa's beauty—sleek, elegant, and timeless.

Raiko started the engine and took a quick drive away first since it's still early. She steadily increased her pressure on the pedal, the car responding by picking up its acceleration each second—a thrilling rush of freedom and exhilaration coursed through her veins, a sensation that could only be experienced in the enchanting embrace of Okinawa.