Chapter 19: Phantom?

"𝐈 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐖, 𝐌𝐈𝐘𝐀." Adam's words were like a storm cloud gathering over Miya, dark and ominous. His friends' attempts at comfort fell short, as the disappointment etched onto Miya's face remained unchanged. Cherry noticed his absence and moved beside him, shielding him from harm.

"How does it feel? Feels stupid, right?" Adam declared, his mask and hair glinting in the moonlight. "Friends, dignity, even skating..."

His words were a dagger to Miya's heart, piercing through him like a bolt of lightning.

"You at this point have nothing left," Adam spat out, his smirk still present.

Raiko's jaw clenched as she stepped in front of Miya, her eyes transforming into a blazing inferno. If looks could kill, Adam would be nothing but ashes at her feet.

"Oh, there you are—" But before Adam could finish his sentence, Raiko cut him off. Her voice was like a lioness protecting her cubs, fierce and unyielding. "And who are you?" she snapped, looking at him with her usual blunt face—with her both eyebrows raised.

Reki and Langa's eyes widened like two orbs staring into the unknown as others joined in. "What the hell is she doing?!" the red haired boy whispered , gazing at his empty back. Meanwhile, seeing the commotion, he smirked and chuckled, "Oh, she's got some guts, definitely my type."

Adam smirked and laughed creepily as he approached her. "That's cute," he chuckled. "I saw your way of skating, you're a fast learner, yeah?"

Adam whispered, "Or maybe.. You already had an experience with skating?"

The raven-haired girl stepped forward and faced him properly. "What the fuck do you want?" she demanded, her voice as cold as a winter's night. 

"Adam, huh? So you're the so-called legend?" She deadpanned, causing the crowd to gasp. It was as if a bolt of lightning had struck the air, leaving everyone in awe of her bravery. She was a fierce bird of prey, ready to defend her territory against any predator that dared to encroach upon it.

"Raiko," Cherry called, "I've been watching both of you so intently, and I've witnessed the incredible grace of your skating. I even did a little bit of digging..." Adam chose to ignore Cherry and continued to glide across the floor.

He placed a hand on Raiko's shoulder, causing her to break out in goosebumps and widen her eyes. "Is that right, Phantom?" he asked, his voice sending shivers down Raiko's spine.

Raiko hesitated before stuttering, "W-where did you get that information?"

Langa stepped forward, blocking Adam's path. 

The creep chuckled, "A little secret, you don't need to know about it," Adam replied with a smirk, not bothering to look at Cherry.

Cherry called out to him, "Adam," but he simply rolled his eyes and continued skating. "I'm getting bored," he announced without looking back at Cherry.

"Adam, what on earth is wrong with you? Why have you suddenly appeared?" Cherry demanded, "I don't have the strength to answer those questions, Kaoru." Adam spat out.

Cherry couldn't help but compare Adam's behavior to a storm cloud looming overhead, ready to unleash a downpour of confusion and uncertainty.

"You know, Raiko-chan and Langa-kun. Your skating would be much improved if you both fixed the shifting of your body weight," Adam continued, brushing past Cherry without a second glance.