3- Perfect

"I've just deeped it, I'm actually so dumb. Man said it took me almost a year to see Tyrell for what he really was- an ashawo," I turned around to see Jamila smiling on my bed, looking down at her phone, "are you even listening?"

"Huh? Yeah, yeah I hated him too" Jamila barely responded.

"Who is he?" the last time she smiled this hard she was ready to marry the boy.

"Who?"

I made this face straight away:

"Tell me who's making you cheese so hard at your screen!"

"Fineeeeee. It's Samuel, your neighbour. We've been talking for a few days. I didn't wanna say anything until I was sure he was a good one"

As she said that it felt like my heart sunk. So that's why she kept looking out the window. Why was I feeling like this? I don't even like him.

"Oh, um, that's great" I cleared my throat.

"Isn't it? He's gonna come over to my house today, which reminds me, can I have my Girls Trip dvd back, we might watch it tonight" she asked.

Jamila and I went to each other's houses quite a lot so basically half our things were in one another's bedroom.

"Oh yeah, I think I forgot my Boyz N The Hood dvd at yours. I feel like watching my fave again" I added.

"Yeah, I'll get it for you"

—— hours later

Jamila POV:

I neatened my hair up and made sure I was looking sweet. I looked casual, but cute wearing a crop tee and shorts.

"Heyy" I said opening the door and hugging Samuel. He smelt sooooo good.

"Those are dope, where'd you get them from?" Samuel asked, looking at the multi-colour Jordans on the floor.

"Oh they're actually Tanisha's. She left them when she got changed here one time.."

"Ah okayy. So what do you do in school?"

"Maths-"

"Nah I actually hate maths with a passion. I'm an English type of boy"

So does someone else I know...

I lightly chuckled before asking, "do you wanna watch a movie? I have Girls Trip."

"Err I saw that Boyz N The Hood dvd; how bout we watch that? It's one of my favourite 'back in the day' movies you know"

"Sure" I sighed.

We were well into the movie when he started kissing on my neck. I can't say he didn't make me feel some type of way but I couldn't carry this on.

"Samuel, I don't think we should be doing this" I moved to the side slightly.

"What's wrong? Too soon?" He questioned.

You can tell he's one of the good guys, which is why it hurt me even more to admit, "Look. I'm not the one for you. Everything you've picked out in this room is Tanisha's or has been. Even this movie is her favourite. You're literally perfect for each other.."

"That don't mean sh*t. Just because people are the same on paper don't mean they'll be good together." He persisted.

"You'd be surprised.."

———the day after

Tanisha POV:

"You didn't kiss him?" I asked, shocked but slightly relieved to hear that nothing happened between Jamila and Samuel.

"Don't act shocked lol. I saw your face when I said I was talking to him- I couldn't do that to you"

"But Jamila, I don-"

"I know there's something between you two; even if you can't see it yet" Jamila insisted.

Even if there was a little bit of truth to what Jamila was saying, I would never go there. After Tyrell, I've been put off relationships. Unnecessary stress- I'm only 17.

A notification popped up on my phone from an unknown number, saying:
Unknown: Jamila opened my eyes yk

I replied with:
Me: well close them then...

How'd he get my number?

"What's up?" Jamila asked.

"Just a wrong number"

"Mmhmmm" she side eyed me.

——— vote, share, comment 🤍

A/N: I have nine chapters ready but I might slow down on the publishing so I have time to write more without leaving y'all waiting for like a month.