11- Afraid

After a draining day of sixth form, and then selling some edibles, I just wanted to sleep.

"Hey mum" I said to my mum as I zipped up my bag full of cash.

"Hello Tanisha, Samuel's upstairs. He wanted to borrow one of your study books" my mum informed me.

Everyone keeps coming to my house nowadays...

"Yo, why you home late? I thought you'd be here before I came." Samuel asked.

"Just stayed in the library after school" I said, putting my bags down.

"Ahh; anyway I was thinking," he went to shut my door as I sat on my bed, "for my birthday how about we go on our first proper date?" As he said that, he went to kiss me.

"Hold up, should I not be asking you since it's your birthday" I said as he started kissing my neck.

"We'll be celebrating together" Samuel then went on top of me.

Whew he was making me feel some typa wayyyyy.

"Samuel relax, my mum's downstairs" I laughed.

"I barely get to talk to you in school since no one knows about us, I just want a little time with you"

I guess keeping him for two more minutes won't hurt.

"Tanisha I did a little research and-" Jamila stopped as she walked into my room seeing Samuel on me, "oh, so you two are..." she pointed at us, "wait, yesterday you said there were no more secrets"

I completely forgot she was coming over.

"Oh my gosh, Jamila," I went out my room and closed the door, "I'm so sorry"

"We're best friends - at least I thought we were? Remember what they say in school; 'a problem shared is a problem halved'?" Jamila asked.

"More like doubled. Remember Pretty Little Liars; 'two can keep a secret if one of them is dead'?" I added.

"That didn't stop us befo- Wait why are we quoting things, I can't believe you lied to me again. Over a boy as well, that I would be more than happy to see you with. Why are you so afraid of telling me things now?"

"Is everything okay?" Samuel asked from my bedroom door, concerned, before Jamila scoffed and walked away and out the house.

I looked back at Samuel and hugged him. I couldn't afford to lose Jamila over this.

-

Giving her some space, I hadn't texted Jamila.

I was in the shopping centre just after meeting a buyer and I was doing a little window shopping when I spotted Samara. She was with a boy who wasn't Tyrell but he was facing the other way. They couldn't see me but I was close enough to hear their conversation.

"Kieron, mum said we need to get something like that" she pointed at something I couldn't see.

I didn't know she had a brother.

"Stop with all that 'mum' sh*t and making it weird. Just cause your mum married my dad don't mean she's my mum. I can't believe you lot took our surname as well." He lowered his voice. It sounded familiar.

"True we aren't blood, so it means I still get to do this," Samara wrapped her arms around his neck before leaning in to kiss him.

She is sick. Man said she's beating her own step brother. Is this wattpad?

"Can't believe you dragged man out here you know. You better do that thing you said you were gonna do later"

I felt like I was gonna be sick.

They started walking away to pay when I saw the boy turn around. It was the same guy that harassed me here the other week.

Of course him and Samara were related.

I quickly made my way out before I heard her call my name. I tried to walk faster, but she grabbed my arm,

"Tanisha, you heard me b*tch" as she said that she made me drop what I was carrying, and all my money and brownies fell out, "huh, you're a dealer now?" Samara laughed.

"How do you know her?" Her step brother asked as he looked at me picking everything up from the floor.

"This is the one that jumped me at my party because of her ex"

"Samara I beg you shut your mouth" I said, but she got her phone out and took a picture of me.

Angry, I snatched it out of her hand.

"What the f*ck are you doing? Kieron, get my phone back from her" Samara pleaded.

"Why don't you, are you scared of her or something?" He asked.

"Tell anyone about this, and I'll tell everyone you're f*cking your step brother" I glared at Samara.

"What- I- That's not even-"

"I have receipts. Whether you believe me or not is your own but I wouldn't risk it" I lied.

"You're brave you know; you don't even have your man to back you" Kieron came closer to me.

I stepped back, saying, "and I'm sure this place has cameras. I won't hesitate to tell them about what happened the first time we met" I threatened.

"What's she talking about?" Samara questioned.

"Ai allow it, just delete it, man. Do you know what my dad would do to me if he found out about us." Kieron pleaded.

Samara kissed her teeth at me before grabbing her phone back, "fine" she tapped a few buttons, "see, deleted from recently deleted as well. I won't tell anyone but you better not either" she came up in my face.

"Say hi to Tyrell for me" I smiled before leaving and hearing them arguing behind me after Kieron asked who he was.

My life was way too weird...

——— vote, share, comment 🤍