Nine

Chapter Nine ~ "The oh-so heartwarming talk"

•Quinn Shoenfield•

Though a badass, pulsing nightclub isn't one of the first things called to mind when one thinks of Berghaine - a town an hour from Crestville - it does boast a superclub that, while seemingly misplaced, has made a name for itself when it comes to green partying. In addition to the use of sustainable materials to erect its club-in-the-club, Hacienda Lounge, recycling centers at major traffic points ensure that every last embarrassing cranberry vodka cup ends up in its right place.

Tight, short dresses, expensive suits, crazy drunks, blasting music, blinding lights and, of course, ample amounts of liqueur.

"Tequila?" Sarah offered, grabbing my arm, not bothering to wait a response.

"This is quite the place!" I yelled, trying to be heard over the music.

Sarah glanced at me for a moment, before nodding her redhead vigorously, "The real party people come here, Quinn. You'll never forget this night, trust me! No matter how drunk you are, you will remember."

"Oh, I don't doubt it." I laughed, squeezing past people to keep up with her.

Kyle and Matt had suggested that we all drive to Berghaine - a town that was an hour drive from Crestville - to party at Hacienda Lounge, one of the most popular nightclubs around. Their idea was extremely popular and everyone seemed to want to go. So, the ten of us went in two separate cars to Berghaine. Kyra, Kyle, Matt, Sarah and I went in Matt's car while Kade, Ian, Derek, Sam and Angelica went in Kade's car.

So, here we all are at Hacienda Lounge. The minute we entered we all split up but we had earlier decided to meet near our cars at around 2:00 AM. That way, we could all get back together.

"Anything in particular?" Sarah asked, as the bartender waited for us to order.

"Nah, whatever's good." I shrugged.

"We'll take two Tequila Sunrises." Sarah decided, after a moment of hesitation.

Three Tequila Sunrises, seven vodka shots, four Bahama Mamas, three jello shots and one sangria later, I could officially say I drunk out of my mind.

"Quinn!"

I whirled around, my eyes lighting up. However, even in my drunken state I could make out that Ian, Matt and Derek were standing in front of me.

"Derek!" I squealed, flinging arms around his neck.

"Okay, so, you're drunk," Derek muttered, before awkwardly moving my hands. "Very drunk." He added.

I pouted slightly.

"Jeez, Quinn, you're completely wasted. What the hell did you have?" Ian exclaimed, holding onto my shoulder so I wouldn't lose balance and fall flat on my face.

"Hmm . . . I think it was the seven vodka shots and three Bahama Mamas." I giggled. "Oh, and don't forget the Tequila Sunrise that Sarah made me have!"

"Quinn! Quinnie, Quinnie-boo! You know I love you, right?" A pair of arms wrapped around me.

I laughed, and turned around to face an equally drunk Kyra.

"Of course, Kyky, you're the bestest friend ever!" I cooed, hugging her tightly.

I hugged her tightly but since we were both drunk, we lost balance and I would've fallen flat on my nose if Matt hadn't caught me.

"Thanks!" I slurred, holding onto Matt for support.

"Beer?" Some random person offered.

I reached out to grab one, but Ian slapped my hand away.