Ten

Chapter Ten ~ "Cars, dresses and races"

•Kade Westin•

It had been around four days since we went to the nightclub, and the most interesting thing any of us had probably had done was call Shawn to inform him that the microwave had exploded and that there were honey stains all over the kitchens. Please don't ask, and yes, my stupid cousin, Kyle, was involved.

Finally on the fourth day, right after we'd finished having breakfast and were sitting in the living room, just when I'd decided to take some initiative to get out of the house, Quinn came bursting into the villa from her daily run. Panting, she fished out a neon pink piece of paper from the back pocket of her shorts.

"Guys, look at this!" She said, exclaiming as she put the paper on the coffee table in the middle of the living room.

Kyra flattened the paper against the clear glass of the table and read the flyer out loud.

"Annual Street Race. To be held on the 25th of June at 5:30PM, with the starting and ending line at Maelyn Park. Those wishing to participate may register at Maelyn Park before 4:45PM." Kyra read in her best announcer voice.

"We should totally go! We've been cooped up in this villa the whole time, so getting out could be something new for us!" Quinn exclaimed, obviously excited at the prospect of finally leaving this boring villa, and for once, I couldn't help but agree with her.

"That doesn't sound too bad actually," Derek shrugged. "We should probably go."

"Great! I can't wait to get there and participate in the race!" Quinn said, excitedly.

"Woah, who said anything about participating?" I demanded. "Do you know how dangerous it would be for you to take part in the race? You don't even know what kind of people are taking part?"

"Oh, silly boy, of course, I didn't mean me, I meant, you to participate, considering you're so good at car racing." Quinn said, in a tone she would use with litle kids, as she waved her hand airily.

"Me participate?" I asked, mildly surprised.

"Yes, you." With one look at my surprised expression, she snottily taunted me, " Oh, come now Kade, surely you're not scared. After all, when we first came here, you were happy to nearly kill me."

"Scared of what? Sinking to your level?" I challenged.

I had honestly had enough of her bitchiness. She reminded me so much of the people that hurt my Francesca, that I wanted nothing more than to throttle her.

"What do you mean by that? If anything, you would be rising to my level." She replied, angrily.

"Oh yeah?" I challenged.

"Yeah. At least my mother taught me not to judge people." she declared.

I saw Ian shoot her a warning look, but it was too late. Words couldn't be taken back.

"I already told Ian this once, and I'll say it once again, you don't know the first fucking thing about me. So, before you decide to insult me some more, let me inform you that my parents died when I was two in a car crash, the same car crash that gave me this," I said venomously, as I pointed to the small scar above my lip.

Quinn gasped, and started to open her mouth to say something, but I walked out the villa, slamming the door loudly behind me in the process.

•••

I'd spent practically the whole afternoon roaming around Crestville, trying to calm myself down. I knew if I was around anyone, I'd definitely pummel them to the ground. The fight with Quinn has pissed me off beyond my limits. I just couldn't stand her and her constant judgemental attitude and bitchy comments.