Five

Chapter Five ~ "An Unforgettable Night"

•Quinn Shoenfield•

"You know, Quinn," Kyra drawled, brushing her red hair in front of our floor length mirror. "Maybe this summer won't be that bad. Dragging me with you wasn't actually a bad idea."

"You like those boys?" I hissed.

"You don't?" Kyra frowned. "Okay, stupid question, I know. Sorry, but why? They aren't all that bad, you know. It'll make this trip interesting, don't you think?" Kyra shrugged, casually.

"They're infuriating." I said, through gritted teeth. "Especially Kade. He's so . . . ugh! I don't even have words to describe how I feel, Ky! I can't wait to go home."

Kyra laughed, lightly, then placing her brush down, she turned to face me, "You don't actually know anything about him, Q; don't judge him just yet."

"How can you even bare to be next to any of them? All of them are just egotistical jerks who know they look good and use it to their advantage!" I reprimanded her.

"Really, Quinn?" Kyra suddenly snapped. "Because to me, it looks like you're just describing yourself! What? With all of your riches and good looks" With that being said, she stalked out off our room.

Ouch! That was a low blow. Standing up, I walked over to the mirror. Even to this date, I wished I looked even the slightest bit like my mother but I looked the complete opposite of her. I'm not saying I'm not pretty or anything, I just wished I resembled my mother, you know.

She had luscious chocolate brown locks, whereas I had stick-straight golden-blonde hair. She had bright green eyes, and I had inherited my father's deep blue eyes. She the definition of flawlessness, and I was far from it.

There was only thing that made me feel even the slightest bit connected to my mother - my pink highlights. They were the only thing that we both had in common and she can't even see me with it because she's gone and nothing in the world can change that.

"Ahem,"

I snapped my head towards the door where Ian was staring at me wide-eyed. Soon, I realized why. Tears were falling down my face. I quickly wiped them away.

"What?" I snapped, blinking back any tears that were threatening to fall.

"Uh, it's almost time for dinner. We were going out to grab something to eat. Are you coming?" Ian asked, hesitantly.

I shook my head, "No, thanks! But, you see, I've had quite an eventful day. I'm tired." I said, referring to me get stuck in the current and almost drowning earlier that day.

"Really? I think you should come. It's just dinner, Quinn. Nothing is going to happen." Ian said, softly.

"I don't want to come." I said, firmly.

"At least come to the living room. We aren't leaving for another half hour at least." Ian offered.

I nodded, "Okay, I'm coming!"

"Quinn!" Kyra exclaimed, the moment Ian and I stepped into the living room. "I-"

"Whatever!" I cut her off, rudely, knowing very well that she was going to apologize.

"But-" Kyra began, looking hurt.

"I don't care." I interrupted her once again. "It's okay." I added, softly, letting her know that she was forgiven.

Kyra let out a breath of relief. She came closer and pulled me into a hug.

"Still, what I said was wrong, Quinn. I'm really sorry. You're the most amazing person I've known and I'm proud to call you my best friend." She whispered into my ear.