Three

Chapter Three ~ "Road Rage"

Quinn Schoenfield•

I sighed, leaning back into my seat. This was going to be a long night and it looked like the towing company was going to be of no help at all. I groaned mentally, before stepping out of the car to assess the damage occurred. I had never been a religious type of girl but, right now, I'm praying with all my heart that the damage isn't as severe as it sounded. Because, let me tell you, it sounded horrible!

"Is it that bad?" I asked, nervously.

Ian sighed and turned to face me, "Honestly? No, it's not. It could've been much worse. From what I can tell, only the paint job seems to have been ruined."

I bit my lip and said, apologetically, "Sorry. I really am."

How did we get into this situation, you ask? Well, let's rewind a bit, shall we?

#Earlier that morning#

I took a bite of the heavenly blueberry pancake placed right in front of me.

"Oh my god, Tasha, this is so good!" I exclaimed, complimenting our chef's oh-so famous blueberry pancakes.

"Of course, it is." Tasha laughed, her eyes twinkled. "I made it, didn't I?"

"I think my cockiness is rubbing off on you a bit too much." I giggled, rolling my eyes.

"It probably is." Tasha nodded, agreeing. "Well, aren't you going to get dressed?"

"Dressed?" I echoed, letting my fork fall to my plate.

"Yes, dressed. After all, we do have a 10 hour drive ahead of us." Ian's voice sounded, as he entered the kitchen and took a seat near the counter.

Damn, I forgot I still had to go on that 'bonding trip' with Ian!

"It's only seven, Ian." I whined, glancing at the lock screen on my phone for the time. "We don't have to leave so early."

"Yes, we do!" Ian snapped. "Driving in the dark and crossing borders is not going to be easy. We leave in half an hour. I'm not going to wait for you any longer!"

I refrained myself from flipping him off.

"Half an hour." I muttered to myself and went up to my room. "I can do this."

About twenty minutes later, I was all dressed and packed and getting ready to head out to our driveway.

"Quinn, I see you're all set and ready to leave." Dad appeared by side, looking extremely pleased at the sight of me willingly leaving.

"I am, dad." I confirmed.

"Good morning, Ian! I trust that you'll will enjoy this trip?" Dad called out to Ian, who was standing out on the driveway already, waiting for me impatiently.

"Yes." Ian replied, politely. "Quinn, can we leave yet?"

"Yeah," I nodded, grabbing my suitcase and just then an idea popped into my head. "Wait, dad!"

"What is it?" Dad asked, frowning slightly.

"Can one more person join us? Will the villa fit three?" I asked, as the devious plan formed in my head.

Okay, it's not actually devious - more like, a miraculous plan.

"Of course, Quinn," Dad laughed. "This villa can fit over six people."

"Can Kyra come with us?" I pleaded.

"But-" Dad frowned, slightly.

"Please, dad! I swear I'll be good and listen to whatever you say. I won't even trouble Ian that much if I have Kyra with me and Kyra is practically family." I begged. "Daddy, please?" I pouted, slightly. "Don't you want your favourite daughter to be happy?"