Chapter 7: The Tests.

The following day came too quickly for Ly'ra who almost didn't sleep at all. After a long talk, Silri allowed Ben and her to stay in a hut, away from the rest of the village. The Queen didn't like the idea of leaving her daughter alone with a man, but the Supreme Leader didn't leave her any choice. Ly'ra would stay under his protection no matter what happens. The Red Sun was slowly appearing when the young Sith stepped inside their shelter, obviously awaken for several hours.

"Come on. You need a serious training before your first Test."

The young woman groaned and turned her back on him, still laying on her bed.

"How could you be so awaken while the day hasn't started yet?"

The young man arched a brow and crossed his arms on his chest.

"Oh sorry. Maybe you'd like a breakfast? Or a small song to help you wake up?"

Ly'ra turned back again, giving him a dark glare before throwing her covers away and stood up. Obviously, she started to really hate his sarcasm. She put on her boots quickly and tied her hair in a long ponytail, then followed the Supreme Leader outside. He didn't slow down and the young woman had to walk quicker to catch him.

"Where are we going?"

But she didn't have time to finish her sentence and Ben stopped suddenly and pointed something down the valley. Ly'ra frowned and stepped closer to discover a huge arena. A complete part of the valley had been closed by huge fortifications, creating a strange scenery. The young man crossed his arms on his chest and announced:

"The Tests will take place there."

"And what is it exactly? Because the names apart, I have no idea what will happen..."

Ben turned his brown eyes on the young woman before gesturing her to follow him. Both of them stepped in the forest and, after several minutes, he started to explain.

"They are actually fighting tests. Three to be exact. You won't be the only one and you'll have to face several others Witches in the arena, the goal being..."

"The last one?"

"The best one. It's not just a fight Ly'ra. The true reason behind this Dathomirian tradition is first of all finding a Leader. How do you think your mother became Queen? She fought and won over several candidates. It's not a question of inheritage in your culture, but only power. No ones has been able to defeat her in years and yet, there have been several attempts. Between us, I think that she wishes for you to win. Not to have the honor of the victory but more to try and instaure a kind of family kingdom." 

Ly'ra took a deep breath, thinking about his words. This was not a good announcement at all. Even if... She stopped and turned an intrigued look on Ben.

"Wait... You said that she fought with several candidates over the years? So... It means that it won't be just me and the others? She will be there too?"

A very small smile appeared on the young Solo's face when he saw she understood what he was implying.

"Sometimes. But for that, one of the candidates must eliminate all the others at the end of the second Test. Then and only then she can ask to fight against whoever she wants."

"Anyone?"

Ben nodded softly.

"Anyone."

Ly'ra offered a small smile and nodded in understanding.

"I guessed you'd like this information. But, you need trainings for these Tests."

"But you just said they were fights?"