Chapter 12: Departure for Ubardia.

"Good. Very good Rey. Breathe."

Settled in Cane's tent, Leïa was studying carefully the young woman while she was re-building Luke's saber with the Force. She was very focused and and careful and, after few minutes, she had fixed the various pieces with a graceful move from her wrist. When she opened back her eyes, a small smile appeared on her face. A majority of the original saber was still there and only few details were modifying the weapon, including a brown leather cord that was fixing the saber where it was broken. The young woman looked up at Leïa who nodded slowly.

"We're going to stop the practice for today. Choose one of Luke's books and read if carefully. Once it'll be done, you'll come to me to give me your thoughts, alright?"

Rey nodded and stood up with a small smile.

"Yes Master."

She then fixed the saber on her belt, stepped towards the box where she kept her stuff and decided to go for the Rammahgon. She had already read the Chronicles of Brus-bu, in which she had learned a lot about esoteric healing technics. She carefully grabbed the book, knowing the value of it and started reading with high interest. She was so focused that she didn't hear the Zabrak stepping inside the tent.

"Oh sorry, I thought you were done here!"

Surprised, Rey looked up and smiled softly to her host.

"Not quite yet. Is it a problem if I'm staying here to read? I don't wanna ruin the books by taking them outside, they're really old."

Cane shook his head, smiling back.

"Not at all, I promise! Please go ahead, I'm just checking if we have a message."

The young woman nodded and looked back at her reading. On his side, the Cyborg sat down in front of his screens and started to strum. Vi was still perfectly silent and he was still waiting from the Count's informations. A part of him was hoping that this guy would just ignore them or even refuse to help them because he knew that otherwise, the Resistance will have a debt towards the Crimson Dawn. And knowing these guys, the best was still to not be known by them. But there was still nothing. Cane took a deep breath and turned on his seat, studying Rey few seconds while the young woman was still focused on her book, and he was about to leave the tent when a signal appeared on one of his screens. The eye of the Zabrak turned before the rest of his head and he frowned.

"What is it?"

Intrigued, Rey looked up from her book as well and was watching Cane.

"Is everything alright?"

"I'm telling you that in a sec, Love."

He then slid on his seat, struming quickly on his computer before sighing, looking quite annoyed.

"It's the Count. He has agreed to meet you all."

Rey opened big eyes and quickly stood up.

"What?!"

The Zabrak whistled and BB8 rolled under the tent quickly.

"Bring back everyone Buddy..."

With a quick beep, the small droid rolled back outside and joined Finn, Poe and Bango as fast as he could. The three men were observing the progresses of the new Resistants and the arrival of BB8 interrupted their talk.

"What is it BB8?"

Giving several small beeps and quick whistles, the small droid gave his message before going back towards Leïa and Chewie, who were further in the cave. Finn frowned before looking back at his friends.

Star Wars: A Resistance Story.  Book 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara