Chapter 21: Family Business.

Few minutes later, Poe was finishing helping Ly'ra with her bodice when a warning beep echoed in the tent.

"It's Leïa..."

The young woman turned her eyes on Dameron, suddenly worried.

"Hey... Relax! Everything is fine."

He kissed his girlfriend before turning to welcome his superior with a small smile. The General Organa nodded, smiling back before turning to face the young pilot. The two women fixed each other a long moment running in each other's arms. For the second time in less than an hour, Ly'ra felt tears falling on her cheeks while Leïa was holding tight on her.

"I am so happy to see that you are fine!"

"I'm so sorry Leïa, I'm really sorry!"

The Princess looked up at the young woman before shaking her head and gesturing her to take a seat on the bed.

"You have no reason to be sorry Ly'ra."

Poe let out a sigh and arched a brow, arms crossed on his chest.

"That's what I said..."

Leïa glanced at the man, amused before looking back at Ly'ra.

"But I betrayed everyone..."

"No. It seems that you actually helped us. And even saved us."

Understanding the mention of her rescue on Ubardia, Ly'ra shrugged, looking down on her hands. She had saved them because Ben asked her to. He had avoided a slaughter, not her.

"That... That wasn't me. At first I didn't even know where you were..."

The General gently forced the pilot to look up at her and fixed her eyes in hers, taking her hand softly.

"Ly'ra, listen to me. I know that things have been really difficult for you. Things have been complicated for everyone. But I do not consider what you did for a betrayal. Not at all. But there are a lot of things you need to explain."

The young woman's gaze suddenly changed. A shadow came across her features and she took a deep breath, very serious.

"Leïa, there is indeed something very important I need to tell you. It's about... It's about Ben."

The Princess and Poe frowned at the same time and the pilot stepped closer to the women. Ly'ra had had very precise instructions from her mentor. If one of them could contact the Resistance, a message should be given to Leïa.

"Ben and I weren't on Batuu by a simple luck. The Black Spire Outpost received a message few days ago. The First Order warned the Supreme Leader and we were there to check if it was real or if it was just a bad joke."

Dameron, who had stayed silent until now, kneeled down in front of Ly'ra and gently took her hand.

"What message Love?"

The young woman looked back at him before turning her green eyes back on Leïa.

"A message from Darth Sidious."

And just like aboard the Finalizer, a freezing silence fell upon the group. The pilot and the General looked at each other before she slowly stood up, a hand on her lips.

"Ben had doubts about its authenticity and he will contact me if he finds more informations. But he gave me the order to talk to you about it if I could contact you by any way."

"Why no one else in the Galaxy heard this message?"

The young woman looked back at her boyfriend and sighed.