Chapter 26: Back Aboard the Steadfast.

Ly'ra quickly joined the group and called out the Knights:

"Hey! What are you waiting for? They won't jump into your hands just by watching them!"

If they were surprised by her presence, they didn't show it. Slowly, the Knights of Ren turned on their heels towards the young woman, who glared at them for a while. She went on, staying in her character.

"Where's the Supreme Leader?"

At last, the one who tried to hire her few weeks ago, Ushar, stepped closer slowly.

"You've been declared dead... Princess."

Ly'ra arched a brow and crossed her arms on her chest.

"Boo!"

Seeing the total absence of reaction from the Knights, the young woman rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Well as you can see, I'm not dead! The Resistance is here, we need to warn Kylo Ren."

"He's already on his way."

The almost metallic voice of Ben's servant made her shivers, but she didn't show a thing.

"Perfect! Follow me then!"

She was ready to step down from the peak when the same voice called out for her again.

"Wait!"

Ly'ra turned back on her heels, frowning. Ushar hadn't moved and he was pointing to something with his weapon. The young woman quickly joined him and sighed. Ben's TIE Fighter was arriving, fast, towards them.

"Hold her back!"

Suddenly feeling her Master's presence in her head, Ly'ra groaned and closed her eyes.

"What?"

"Hold her back Ly'ra! Rey must not leave with the dagger, not before I can talk to her!"

Then, as quickly as he appeared, he was gone. To be honest, Ly'ra had no idea what he was talking about, nor what was the dagger he mentioned, but obviously, there was no time to lose. She looked back at the scene and saw Rey, in the middle of the valley, calm, waiting. She knew Ben was coming.

"Hold her back... You know you're funny right?"

Poe had already started the engines of the ship and Finn was on the ramp, probably checking what the young woman was doing. This was when Ly'ra noticed Chewie, who was joining Rey in the valley. Mortified by what she was about to do, Dante's daughter bit her lower lip before letting out a swear.

"Shit..."

The young woman turned towards the Knights and gestured them to follow her. Together, they walked down the peak and stepped carefully and silently behind the Wookie, before circled him. Suddenly seeing that he was trapped, Chewbacca glared at Ly'ra as she was ordering:

"Arrest him. And check his bag..."

Joined by a squad of Stormtroopers, the Knights disarmed and handcuffed him. The Wookie groaned at the young woman, who was trying to make him understand she didn't have the choice. One of the soldier took out a dagger from Chewbacca's bag and Ly'ra frowned, grabbing the object. When her fingers touched the cold metal of the weapon, a chill ran down her spine. Horrible things had been done with and for this dagger. By studying it carefully, Ly'ra could see Sith runes, engraved on the blade, but it wasn't a language she knew. Again, Ushar's voice took her out of her reverie and she looked up.

"He's here."

Ben's TIE Fighter then appeared in the valley. The young woman took a deep breath before gesturing them to place the Wookie aboard the First Order's shuttle. After one last look behind her, Ly'ra stepped right behind him, silently swearing. This part of the plan was obviously not what she wanted to do. Of course she would try and find Ben so they can talk about the next part of their mission, but not like this. She thought she could joined back her friends quickly after their chase in the desert, but the presence of the Knights forced her to change her plans. She thus had to go back into her role and now she was stuck and on her way to join the new First Order's Amiral ship: The Steadfast.