14. But can I kiss you though?

It's been a week since that happened, well, that just meant seven days without sleep, nothing important. You sigh tiredly, staring at the darkened sky, it was raining heavily. You just wanted to buy some snacks in the nearest convenience store but who would have expected a heavy rainfall?

You've been stuck in there for almost an hour already, without any umbrellas since the store perfectly ran out of it. You forgot to charge your phone, and you cant call anybody to bring you one. You can ask someone in the store to borrow their phone and call but, there's no way that you, of all people, can do that.

"Kelp?"

You immediately raised your head at the familiar voice of your underclassman, "Toge-kun." you blinked. He was alone, Maki and Panda nowhere in sight. He paused for a moment before closing his umbrella and stood next to you in front of the store. "Mustard leaf?" he said.

"Yeah, sorry. I wanted to buy something but ended up stranded here. What about you though?" you asked curiously. "Onigiri." he simply answered. You stopped for a few seconds before laughing softly, "So you ran out of snacks too."

"Salmon."

He then faced you, pointing below his eyes, "Salmon cod roe," then pointed at you confusedly. "Ah, just couldn't sleep for a few days." you awkwardly laugh, covering your eyes. "Bonito flakes." he took out his phone and tapped it. "It's not like it's my fault though. I also want to sleep but just can't, someone's words literally bothered me for a whole week." you sigh, making your face flush slightly in embarrassment as you recall it again.

"Mustard leaf." You couldn't help but just nod. "Alright... As soon as I go back to the dormitory, I'll try to sleep again," you looked back at him who took a quick glance at you. You grinned, "Don't worry, I'll be fine." you patted his head while he just closed his eyes comfortably.

"Well anyways, if you want to buy your onigiri, you can go ahead now." you smiled. "Salmon cod roe." he showed me his phone, showing that he had already messaged Panda to bring an umbrella. "No, no, it's alright. I can just stay here until the rain stops. No need to trouble Panda-kun and yourself." your brows knitted together, lowering your head slightly, "Mustard leaf?" he looked at you worriedly.

"Nah, I'm fine," you said, he grabbed your hand to help you stay standing up. But then his eyes widen, looking at your hand. "Bonito flakes?" he could feel the unnatural warmth of your hands. You clicked your tongue, getting dizzy even more. "Crap..." Slowly, you could feel yourself losing consciousness and that you were only holding on to Toge in order not to fall.

"[First Name]-senpai!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You stared at the colorless ceiling which you always meet every time you open your eyes. You closed your eyes, wincing at the sudden head pain you experienced right after waking up.

Your forehead is cold and heavy, there was a wet towel on top of it. You could only recall that before passing out, you were with Toge. After that, everything is just black. You tried sitting up but suddenly, someone pushed you gently back to bed by pushing your shoulder.

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard, you got yourself such a high fever, you know?"

You turned your head sideways curiously before your eyes widen, "Sensei...!" He was looking at you with a quite serious expression, he rarely showed that kind of face in front of you.

"If I had known that it would bother you to his extent, I wouldn't have said that." He muttered. You stared at him worriedly and confusedly before you took a deep breath.

Your hands weakly reached to your bedside table and pulled open the drawer. You took out the black blindfold you've kept for the whole week and handed it to him, "I was expecting you to come here as usual but... Did you wait for me to approach you first or something, sensei?" You grinned playfully.