Chapter 3 - Bipolar

"Elec, I swear if you don't delete that video right now, I'll murder you right here! And I mean it." Asia threatened four eyes as she chased him down the hill.

So four eyes's name is actually Elec. I wonder how he would react if I just called him four eyes. I don't think he would mind...right?

He and Asia seem to be getting comfortable already, though. They look like children running around and cursing at each other. It's as if they have known each other for years. "I'd like to see you try," he chuckled, having Asia chase him up and down the hill and in circles.

I could see the frustrated look on Asia's face. She looks as if she's ready to snap his neck the second she gets the chance. And I wouldn't be surprised if she did. That girl is something else. I've almost died countless times from getting on her nerves.

"You guys seem to be enjoying your time here...with the boys," I winked at Shay as I playfully nudged her shoulder and leaned my back against her car. "And you're not?" She asks as she looks at Zane. "Shut up, and he's not even from around here."

"So, where is he from?"

"I dunno," I reply, shrugging my shoulders. "You didn't care to ask?"

"Nope, I didn't want him thinking I'm some kind of stalker who's interested in him or anything."

"See, that's your problem, Ruth. What's wrong with you being interested in a guy for once? You need to loosen up a bit and start letting people in. It won't kill you If you'd just give it a chance," she remarked as she placed her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

As much as I hate to say it, she's right. I've always had a hard time letting people in due to past traumas. I have a fear of abandonment. Every time I've decided to let people in, they've given me multiple reasons not to. And when it comes to love...I'm just scared of giving someone my all. It's the 'what if's in my mind that drives me insane.

What if they decide that they don't love me anymore and leave?
What if they end up hating me just like my family does? What if they get annoyed with my broken self and realize they don't want anything to do with me anymore.
What if I don't meet their beauty standards, but they only date me for my body?
What if I'm not like these other girls.
What if I just become a burden on their shoulders.

I just don't want to give my all to someone who won't even end up giving me their half. Nor do I want to be pitted as the girl who lost her parents in a house fire and got treated like absolute shit by her grandmother. I don't want to be seen as that girl, but that's all people have seen me as my whole life.

Which is why I've decided to let everything come to me naturally. And If I'm meant to be the broken girl I am till the day I die, then so be it. But until then, all I want is to make endless memories with three of the most important people in my life, Shay, Asia, and Aria. I don't know where I'd be without them in my life.

I shake off my thoughts and respond to Shay.

"There's no point he's probably leaving town pretty soon anyway," I shrug and walk to the trunk of the car to grab a water bottle. "Nope, they're actually staying here for another three weeks," Shay disclosed as she followed me behind and held her hands out so I can toss her a bottle.

Oh...so much for not telling Zane my name.

From the looks of it, I think my friends will definitely be hanging with them again. Guess I'll just have to avoid them for three weeks and keep myself busy. Maybe I'll go back to my bakery and fill some...extra paperwork?

"oh...well, it's not like we will see them again, right?" I asked her anyway, just to make sure. "actually...Elec and Axel asked us if we wanted to go to some party their friend was hosting. I think he said it was a get-together party for the guys. But we agreed anyway. You'll come with us, right?"