Chapter 5 - Ruzane

I wrap my towel around my body as I walk out of the shower. I walk into my room and grab my phone from my bedside table to check the time. It was 9:30 in the morning, and I started to get dressed for work.

I wore my long black floral dress and applied some light makeup. By light makeup, I mean concealer, mascara, and eyeliner. That would be my everyday makeup because I never have the patience to apply more.

I braid my hair into a loose fishtail and pull some strands out to the front of my face. I hum as I make my way down to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. Chloe wasn't up yet, and I wasn't in the mood to cook anything fancy, so I just fixed myself a bagel and some coffee.

I wonder what happened with everyone last night after I slept. "Ruzane!!!" I hear a deep raspy male voice call out from the living room.

Who the hell- God, don't tell me the boys slept over last night. Holy shit.

I set my bagel down on the kitchen island and walk towards the living room. I look over the couch to see a sprawled-out Axel sleeping. Well, he wasn't sleeping anymore since I just heard him call me "Ruzane."

"Axel, what are you doing here?" I ask as I place both my hands on my hips and look down at him, waiting for a response.

"Jeez, Ruzane, don't you see me trying to sleep here," he groans.

"Na-uh, don't act like you didn't just call my name out loud two seconds ago."

"Ohh, so you like your new nickname now, huh, Ruzane?" He sits up on the couch, shirtless, and I accidentally look down to see him with boxers only. First of all, how stupid did I just sound responding to him calling me Ruzane? And second of all, why the fuck is he half-ass naked in my house.

"Axel!" I yell as I quickly cover my eyes and turn my body not to face him. "What, why are you acting as if you've never seen someone in boxers before?" He responds in annoyance. "Shut up and go put some pants on!"

"It's freaking 10 in the morning. Why are people yelling?" I hear Shay's voice come from behind. She walks to the living room, rubbing her eyes, wearing only a long, yellow Lakers jersey. "Because SOMEONE is standing half-ass-naked in my living room!" I complain.

"Wait, what-who?" she finally stops rubbing her eyes and looks behind me with her jaw practically hitting the floor.

I look behind me to see Axel standing there, still half-ass naked. I looked in between the two of them, and they were practically eye-fucking each other. "Yeah fuck it, I can't do this. I'm going to work," I roll my eyes at the two of them and head to the kitchen.

I just grab my coffee, car keys, and purse and slam the front door shut as I walk towards my white BMW. I get in the vehicle and start the engine. I hurl out the driveway and drive towards the gates. The guards greet me, and I return the gesture.

***WORK***

I slam my door shut, grab my things and head inside the bakery. "Good morning, everyone!" I greet my workers. "Hi Ruth, I didn't think you were coming in today," Rose asks from behind the counter.

Rose is one of my best workers at the bakery, also an all old friend of Chloe's. She's around her late forties, dirty blond hair, grey irises, and slightly high cheekbones. In all honesty, she could pretty much pass as 30 year old, at least since she has absolutely no blemishes on her face. I wish to age like her one day.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on it, but I just thought I should come and check on things," I respond to her with a smile.

"I see, dear. I also just wanted to mention that my s-" She's cut off mid-sentence when someone walks through the door. "Zane!" She exclaimed.